Running

RJ was quiet. And so was Maine. It was after Eat Bulaga and they were supposed to be on their way to their individual photoshoots. The raging storm inside them was palpable. Even Baste was forbidden to approach them.

"Meng..." RJ whispered. They were still at KS Alden's "lungga" and no one even made a single move.

Maine continued to kick the TV stand. The soft staccato that eventually got louder and louder reflected RJ's own hearbeat. Unable to bear the silence any longer, RJ pulled her arm.

"Stop it please."

"Ayoko."

"Maine. Huwag kang ganyan please."

"Eh sa ayoko eh."

"Ano ba ang gusto mo?"

"Wala."

RJ heaved a breath. He knew what was going on and yet, he didn't have any explanation of it. They were both happy earlier, after he told her his poem. He was actually proud of what he wrote. He poured his heart on it. Actually, he poured all his emotions on every tests that Maine gave him. He made sure that everything he did for her is special. Because those things reflected the woman that he was making an effort for.

It was part of the script to read the poem in front of the audience but both of them were caught off-guard when he started to cry. He saw Maine's eyes got misty too but between them, Maine could hold her tears well. Maine was the stronger one. The one that could simply touch his hand and the overflowing feelings inside of him would calm down. She was his shield. His ultimate fighter towards every negative thing that clashed their way.

But now, he felt that Maine's strength was crumbling down. Her wall was slowly chipping off of her. And he's afraid. He's scared of what Maine might say. And this was what he was dreading earlier, when they were handed the script. He was excited, sure. He, of all people, was the most pumped up person to hear her answer. Even if it was only for the story.

"Meng..." RJ extended his hand again. Maine looked but ignored the offer. "Script lang 'yun diba? I read that you really were supposed to run."

"Hmmmm..."

"Eh bakit may ganito?"

Maine stopped playing with the TV stand. She crouched down and run her hands through her hair. "Ewan ko din."

RJ sat too just like their positions earlier at the EB stage. He reached for her hand and pulled each fingers softly. "Meng..."

Maine snorted. "Para kang pusa."

"Ano ba talaga kasi?"

Maine stopped her fake smile. She looked at RJ's fingers playing hers. She contemplated her next words. "Nakakatakot ang tanong ni Kuya Wally kanina. Parang totoo."

RJ didn't respond; their silent agreement to let one speak first before saying what's on the other's mind.

"Ang galing ng script noh? Parang ako talaga ang tinatanong. I mean, ako, as Maine."

"May problema ba if tatanungin ka nga bilang Maine Mendoza?"

Maine didn't respond back. Hadn't she imagined this scenario before? Hadn't she played this part in her mind over and over again that she knew the answer by heart? And yet, here she was. With RJ in front of her, asking her of the same question that KS Alden wanted to ask of Divina too.

But, their life was not a script; Divina was. The writers could play with Divina's emotions anytime. Even KS Alden. They could make Divina say yes to KS Alden. Or they could make her say no. And yet, she couldn't separate whatever was going on with Divina and her own emotions.

"Meng...Maine...Nicomaine...ano ang sinabi ko sa'yo noon?"

Maine remembered what RJ told her. "Na hindi tayo nagmamadali. To take our time cause we are both not ready yet."

RJ nodded. He stopped playing with Maine's fingers and placed his hands on his back. He crawled nearer to Maine and stared at her. "Hindi kita minamadali Maine. I'll still be your friend as long as you want me to be. Huwag kang malilito sa kwento ni Divina. You are the writer of your own story."

"Napapagod ka na din bang maghintay?"

RJ hummed. He lowered his head and sighed. He felt Maine's hands on his face. She slowly raised it. "Napapagod ka na din bang maghintay Shokoy?"

RJ had so much things to say on that question. He wanted to say that he's done waiting. He lost the reign to his heart a long time ago. He wanted to wait but his patience was wearing thin. He already gave everything to Maine. All that he's holding on to was her answer. Just like KS Alden to Divina.

RJ smiled. "Of course, hindi ako kailanman mapapagod maghintay."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Ano na????!!! Nakaka-stress and Aldub30thWeeksary diba? Please, I wanna know what you guys are thinking. Let me know if that KS episode earlier was REAL or REEL.

Can you tell me, on this story, what RJ did when he let go of Maine's hand and placed them on his back?

Enjoy!