Grumping

They attended the Unilab Big Day Out together. Maine was actually nervous about this, not because of the guesting itself but because she was with Alden. She could really feel that something was off with him since this morning until Eat Bulaga. It was a great timing that Dawin was at the Broadway so all attention was on him. Maine was able to simply watch Alden on the monitor and she was not forced to talk to him.

Bahala s'ya sa buhay n'ya.

"Okay na tayo Maine?"

Maine nodded and stood up. Her glam team immediately fixed the creases on her dress and Celeste Tuviera made some final touches on her hair. Maine saw her stylist staring at her.

"Parang may something. What happened?" Celeste softly asked her.

"Naku! Hindi ko nga nakita si Alden na pumasok dito. Lagi naman 'yun nanggugu--"

"Tara na! Baka naghihintay na sila." Maine butted in. She pressed her sweaty palms on her dress and breathe deep. The fear of speaking in front of unknown faces still get to her.

Celeste looked one more time at her and nodded. She did not say anything more regardless if she saw something more on Maine's face.

Maine and her bodyguard walked near the stage. She immediately saw Alden at the foot of the stairs. He was looking at his phone, with creases on his brows. Maine plastered a smile and crept towards him.

"Uy!"

"Maine!" Alden turned to her. Maine immediately noticed how he locked his phone and shoved it inside his back pocket. Usually, with events like this, he will give his phone back to Mama Ten. She chose to ignore it.

"Tara?" She asked. She wanted to ease the tension that she really felt earlier. All she could do now was to pretend that she and Alden were both fine. She did not even know the reason for him act like this to her. This was really odd.

"Hinahanap ka kanina sa loob." Maine opened up again. She felt Alden's hand on her elbow, guiding her near the hosts.

"Talaga?"

Okay...? That's it?

"May kausap kasi ako kanina kaya 'di ako nakapasok sa room mo. Sorry."

Maine shook her head. "No need to say sorry." She looked up at him and saw him nodding absently. Alden patted his back pocket and pulled off his phone. He excused himself and walked a little bit farther from her.

Maine, being the curious cat that she was, quietly walked near him.

"Okay na? Natapos na ba? Good...good. Sana maging maayos 'yan kasi wala na tayong time. Yes. Ako na bahala do'n. Hahahaha! Sige na. Mamaya na lang ulit. Okay. See you!"

Maine almost felt her shoes snap in two when she hurriedly walked back to where she was standing earlier before Alden turned around. She smiled at him.

"Okay na. Medyo busy lang this week." Alden was typing on his phone when he said this. Maine felt a pang in her heart. This was really unusual. Alden never look busy when they are together. They usually share whatever they are doing or whoever they are talking to on the phone. They actually do not use their phone at all when they are together unless there is a need to. Maine looked down and hid her annoyance.

Wala kang karapatan. Pati phone pinagseselosan mo.

"Maine?"

She immediately looked up and smiled. "I'm good. Tara na."

Alden stared at her momentarily. He suddenly chortled and brushed his forefinger across her perky nose.

"Ano ba? Tsk!" Maine pushed his finger away.

"Tara na." Alden laughed quietly, which irritated Maine more.

Tawa ng tawa akala mo hindi nakakasakit. Ewan ko sa'yo!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Naeexcite ako na ewan! Hahahaha!

Please enjoy!