Dropping

Do not look for someone that matches you. In most cases, you will kill each other with boredom. Find someone that completes you. The sun to your moon, the yin to your yang, the rainbow after the rain or even a simple the calm one when you are the rage. Never ever look for a mirror of you. That's narcissism. -- Anonymous

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Maine slowly opened her condo unit. It was past 12 midnight and technically a day after her birthday. Yesterday was really awesome. Actually, scratch that. Awesome was not the right word. It was...perfect. Like she said on her IG post, kakasimula palang ng Marso, buo na agad ang buwan ko.

Since the night was still young--for her anyway--she decided to have a bubble bath. With a glass of red wine on her right hand and her phone on the left, she soaked her tired body on the warm water.

Two minutes passed when Maine's phone rang. She smiled when she saw the name on her Facetime. "Hey..."

"Sorry! Nakatulog ako!"

"Nu ka ba, keribells."

"Hmmm?! Nasaan ka? Bakit ang lapit ng mukha mo?"

Maine covered her mouth and laughed. RJ probably heard the splashed of water as the next thing she saw was the ceiling.

"Uy! Nawala ka?"

"Naliligo ka pala!"

"Yep."

"Yep?! Maine naman..."

"Tatawag-tawag ka tapos Maine naman?"

"Sana hindi mo sinagot diba?"

"Bakit hindi ko sasagutin? Eh ikaw ang tumatawag?"

Maine heard a slight scratching sound. "Ano 'yun?"

"Wala, nag-ayos lang ako ng higa. Hindi ko itataas ang phone ko 'gat di ka natatapos."

"Ang OA mo Shoks! Mukha ko lang naman nakikita mo."

"Basta. Hindi na naman magandang biro 'yan Nicomaine."

Maine snickered. She decided to copy RJ and placed her phone on top of a chair, the screen facing the bathroom's ceiling. "Ok na."

"Tapos ka na maligo?"

"Full bath 'to. Hindi pa ako tapos mag-enjoy."

"Eh sabi mo---"

"Ginaya kita. Check mo."

Maine peered on the screen and saw RJ's face doing the same. They saw each other's eyes and laughed together.

"Kamusta dinner?" RJ opened up after their bout of laughter.

"Masaya. Sobrang nag-enjoy ako. Alam mo naman, kumpleto family ko, friends in highschool and college tapos ngayon friends ko sa work. Parang...may representative ng bawat parts ng life ko."

"May kulang naman eh..."

Maine didn't hear what RJ said as she splashed her face with water. "Ano ulit?"

"Kako may kulang?"

"Saan?"

"Sa parts ng life mo. Wala 'yung representative ng love life mo."

"Tingnan mo 'to. Paano magkakaroon ng representative dun, eh 'di ka naman kasama sa dinner?"

Maine heard another scratching sound, a little bit louder this time. Silence followed.

Then...

BLAG!

She worriedly peered on the screen again. And saw the side of RJ's bed, the lampshade beside it and...RJ's crimson face.

"Uy Shoks? 'Nung nangyari sa'yo?"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Writer's block today. Just a drabble. I know publishing a so-so story is stupid. 😧

Please continue the story using your own imagination. 😄

I really really love cliff-hangers! 🙌

Guess what happened on the last paragraph?

Please enjoy!