Looking

RJ saw Mama Ten handed Maine a paper bag. She nodded in agreement and was about to turn around inside the hosts' room when she saw RJ. Maine smiled and stuck out her tongue. RJ smiled back. She probably didn't see the warmth beneath those gesture because she already closed the door. But Mama Ten approached RJ and pointed his face, "Matunaw hoy!"

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

It was actually a dress. Mama Ten bought RJ and Maine a couple shirt to wear for their 7th Monthsary. RJ didn't know who had this awesome idea until Mama Ten reminded him, "Batang 'to. Sabi mo sa'ken last week gusto mong mag-couple shirt kayo ni Maine?"

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

After JFA, RJ went inside the hosts' room and looked for Maine. Miss Ruby said that she was inside the make-up room. He was about to leave when he heard Miss Ruby asked him, "Ano 'yang nasa box?"

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

Before RJ could turn the doorknob of the make-up room, he heard Maine's laughter, followed by the joyous squeals of Baste. He heard Miss Celeste chuckled before he opened the door. Miss Celeste turned her head and saw RJ. Her eyes zoomed on the box that he held. She covered her mouth and like a giddy fan-girl, she exclaimed, "Uy! May gift!"

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

Maine looked at RJ upon hearing Miss Celeste. She was sprawled on the couch with Baste on her side. She was tickling the kid when RJ entered the room. Miss Celeste glanced at the two and stood up. She called Baste and as the kid untangled himself from his Ate Maine, he said, "Kain akong chocolate, ang sweet dito."

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

RJ and Maine heard the door clicked close. They both smiled at each other as the latter approached the former. Maine gave space for RJ to sit and he handed her the box. She didn't say anything because she knew what it was. There were just some things that RJ could not change and one of them was giving her gifts everytime they had a chance to see each other. She tucked her hair behind her ear as she opened the box. When she saw what's inside, she couldn't help but laugh. RJ followed suit. As she closed the present and carefully placed it beside her, she turned to him. With a warm smile and warmer hands, she touched his face. She leaned her head and placed a quick kiss on his cheeks. RJ looked at her and saw her lips formed the words, "Thank you."

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

RJ observed Maine's reactions when she saw the contents of the box. He felt proud upon knowing he made her smile again. It was a simple gift, nothing elaborate actually, but seeing how ecstatic and excited Maine was when she saw what was inside the box, he wanted to just jump and shout "Wooh! Success!"

**ALDUB/MAICHARD ****ALDUB/MAICHARD**

RJ felt Maine's warm left hand on his right cheek. This was her usual gesture towards him when she was speechless. As RJ saw her leaning towards him, he moved closer. RJ slowly closed his eyes and breathe deep. She smelled like flowers, those kind that blooms in summer. Those kind that sway with the wind and faces the sun. RJ opened his eyes when the short kiss was over. He saw her mouthed the words of gratitude. As his heart cart-wheeled and continued to thump his chest, his lips also formed the words "You are always welcome."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Any guess what's inside the box?

Work of fiction.

Please enjoy!