Playing

Maine knows that she can carry a tune or two but she knows that she's not a diva. She has read a lot of hate tweets about her voice and sometimes, reading about things that she cannot do depresses her.

"Bakit kasi binabasa mo pa?" RJ asked her one time. They were at the baranggay. It was Friday, the day after they celebrated their 29th Weeksary, at the Broadway. RJ played the ukelele and she helped him sing One Call Away by Charlie Puth.

Maine pouted a little as she slowly removed her Nidora wig. They were done for the day and she was about to leave in a few minutes. RJ sat beside her and helped in removing the pins on her hair. She looked at him through the small mirror in front of her. "Bakit hindi ko babasahin?"

RJ smirked at her. "Bakit nga ba?"

Maine smiled. "Bakit?"

RJ laughed. "Bakit two?"

Maine laughed. She shook her head as RJ placed the last pin on top of the makeshift table. He looked at her as she untangled the braids and finger-combed her hair. Maine noticed the stares and she turned crimson.

"Kung makatitig Sir Faulkerson..."

"Sabi ng tatay ko, noong bata daw ako, mahilig akong tumitig sa mga bagay. Hulaan mo kung anong mga bagay 'yun."

"All things?"

"Nope."

"Eh ano?"

"Things that fascinate me."

"So I fascinate you?"

"Yep." RJ leaned on his chair and crossed his arms on his chest. He stared at Maine through the mirror. "You do Maine. You fascinate me. Kaya I don't know kung saan nanggagaling ang pagiging pessimistic mo. You are good with your craft and you're honing them really well. I really like the Maine I'm seeing."

Maine looked down and suddenly became busy with the make-up brushes in front of her. She played with the angle brush and twirled it around her fingers.

RJ saw the ministrations and sighed. Silence followed his speech. He knew what went wrong. Or what went right? RJ leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. He clasped his hands together and stared at the back of Maine's head.

"Kailangan may katahimikan kapag ganito na ang usapan?"

Maine glimpsed at him through the mirror again. "Anong gusto mong sabihin ko?"

"Anything Meng. Huwag naman silence please...?"

Maine turned her head. She raised her eyes and looked at RJ. RJ suddenly caught his breath. His heart started to beat fast and he sort of felt a little short of air.

"Maine...I...uhm....ano...kasi..."

"Yes RJ...?"

"I...lo..."

"Maine! Tara na!" Jecker's head popped inside their tent and looked around. He saw the two having a staring contest.

Maine suddenly sat up straight. She dropped the angle brush that she was playing earlier. RJ reached for it and Maine thought she heard him swore.

Jecker knew his timing was really off. But as he looked at the two, he knew that no one will win that staring contest--or whatever contest they're playing right now--until one gives in. He smirked to himself as he realized that a person could really go way too red in the face. He also somehow wished he could blush too.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Bwisit diba? Parang busina ng KS si Jecker. Hahahaha!

Hindi pa daw right time sabi ni musings. Just so you know, naisulat 'to habang traffic along Recto. Chinese New Year tomorrow so mag-church kami sa Sta. Cruz. Yiippee! And sabi ni musings hindi daw right time and place para umamin si RJ. May point.

Hope you like this. Kung hindi man, pakibatukan si Jecker. Hahaha!

Ciao!