18 - Kissing in the rain

Katie's POV

I suffered 19 hours without Nick. I never thought I would. And I'm proud that I did. I sighed, rolling to the left on my comfy bed. I played with my hair and hummed a few songs. Then I got bored, I grabbed my book on my bed side table. I flipped and read a few chapters for an hour. My stomach grumbled. I slowly stood up and went to the kitchen. Then the rain drops on the roof, I grabbed an apple and bit it. I walked towards the window, and stared at the outside world. The raindrops were having a race about who's gonna fall down first. I placed my bet on the one on the right and silently chanted 'Go droppy. You can do it.' Oh yeah. I named it Droppy because I'm so mature. 

I made a bee line back to my room, I brushed my wavy nest like hair, and grabbed a jacket from my closet. It got damn cold when the rain started. Rain falls during the middle of summer. I guess, summer's close to the ending. I sighed. Time runs out when you're having fun. A few more weeks and I won't be able to see him anymore. Tears prickled my eyes, I batted my eyelashes to prevent them from falling. I hugged my knees closer, I shouldn't have fought with him. I shouldn't be jealous of something that ended. I shouldn't be jealous of anything from his past. 

"Katie. When are you ever gonna learn?" I croaked, facepalming myself.

The door bell rang. I looked at my window, it was still raining. Mom and Dad wouldn't be home any minute, they said that they'll be back at 5 pm. Rob went to Luke's house. Well, he made a new friend. Who is it? Stop babbling and answer the door, Katherine. My inner voice snapped. I stood up, and walked silently down the stairs. There was another ding from the door bell. I grabbed a broom which was near the door. I opened it wide and raised my weapon.

"Woah! Stop, stop, stop!" 

"Nick?" I ask, putting the broom down.

"I think you should know that you have windows and a door hole to peek on if someone rang the doorbell." He smirked.

"Sorry, I'm home alone and when I panic, I don't use my brain." I shrugged before noticing his appearance. "Why are you all wet?"

"It's raining?" 

"Don't you have an umbrella?" 

"No. Look, I'm here to apologize not to play 20 questions with you." He hesitated.

I stared at my feet. He gave me a red rose. My cheeks heated. Then he knelt.

"I'm really sorry for yelling and snapping at you. It's just. . . you asked too many questions, and I didn't liked what you asked. I know that I look stupid right now, but I just want you with me. I'm sorry. Forgive me?" He says.

I didn't bother answering him. I wrapped my arms around him, ignoring the fact that he's all wet. I'll never let go of him. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's the one. 

"I'm sorry." He repeated, hugging me tighter.

"Apology accepted. I'm terribly sorry for being jealous." I say, burying my head on his shoulder.

He pulled away and grabbed my hand. He walked us towards the gate and we stood there. Then he caressed my face. 

I got lost in his deep eyes. My heart fluttered as he pulled me closer.

What happened after that you ask? Well, let's just say that his lips met mine and I could say that this reminds me of The Notebook. Long story short, It's romantic. 

_____________________

Heyyyo<3 Finally got 500+ reads, 56 votes and 12 comments<3 Thank you everyone! I loveyou! 

Thanks for reading! :) ehks oh ehks oh