21 - Should I give up?

Nick's POV

I sigh, giving up that she won't listen to what I'm going to explain. Why are women hard to understand? I messed my hair and started to run again. I heard some sobs near me. I tilted my head and saw a bit of Blonde hair like Katie's. I walked silently towards it. I stayed silent as I watched her cry. She was definitely angry, definitely sad, and definitely crushed. I hate it when I make a girl cry. I opened my mouth but nothing comes out. 

"I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have fallen for him. He's just another stupid guy." She sobs.

My heart fell. I shouldn't be hurting her like this. I never knew that this would break her too much. I guess she's scared to get cheated on again, like what Henry, Hartie, Harry or whatever his name is, did. I should've thought of my actions. If I could erase something in my life, I would erase on meeting Courtney. I would change it to meeting Katie first. For the first time this summer, I noticed that I fell for the right girl. 

I sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder then pulling her closer. She sobs but doesn't cling to me. I let her cry on my shoulder for a little while, she didn't push me away - which is actually a good thing. 

"It's okay, just let it out on me. You can punch me all you want." I whisper.

She pulled away and spoke coldly. "I would if I could."

I sigh once more. "I'm sorry okay? I know you hate Courtney. Believe me, I hate her more than you do." 

She doesn't answer. She just stared at me, tears filling her eyes. I wipe the stray tear on her cheek. She quickly stood up. I stopped and looked at her.

"Nick. . . Please, Just leave me alone for now." She says softly before walking away.

*

"Hi Honey. Why the long face?" Mom asks.

"Katie's crying. Because of me." I say, sitting on the couch.

She sits next to me, wiping her hands over her apron. "What happened?"

"Courtney sent a text message to me, and I left my phone with Katie. Courtney even sent a photo of us, in the couch, cuddling. Katie thought that I was cheating on her. She had a cheating experience before." I explain.

"Oh. I never liked Courtney." She says.

I nod. "I know, Ma. I don't even know why I went out with her." 

"Well, past is past. You were young then." She smiles. I nod.

"And about Katie, explain it to her clearly. Be the reason for her smile, not for her tears." 

I nod once more. "Thanks, Mom." 

*****

Katie's POV

"YO KATHERINE! YOOOHOOO!" Rob yells. 

"Not now, Rob. I'm not in the mood for games." I say, covering my face with my blankets.

"Aww. Why not?" He asks.

I sat up "I'm tired." He nods, he understood what I meant. "This is about Nick isn't it?"

I bit my lip. "Yes."

"He cheated on you?"

"No more questions please." I beg, tears prickling my eyes starts to spill.

"Okay, We'll talk later. I'll get you some Ice Cream to eat." He smiles before turning around.

I exhale. Before grabbing my phone from my bedside table. I open Twitter and typed what I need to tweet. The tears are coming back.

"He lies, She cries. He's not sorry but he apologizes. She complains, he doesn't change. But yet, she still stays."

I tap 'Tweet' .  Wow. I really need to stop being so fucking emotional about everything. I received a few RTs and Faves. I got bored and put my phone back where I got it. Should I give up on Nick? Or should I just face the consequences? My mind flashed my memories with him, One by one. Tears are already spilling. One memory makes my eyes water. 

Rob came back with a cup of Chocolate Ice Cream. I smiled at him for his sweetness even though he becomes annoying at times. He sat on the bed next to me, told me a few jokes and made me feel happy.

He leaves me in my room after a few hours, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and the last thing I knew, I was asleep. I feel like floating. My head feels light. My heart flutters every now and then. I don't even know what's exactly happening. Then there was an annoying pounding. My eyes opened all of a sudden, Something was hitting my window. I stood up slowly and checked. There was a flying rock that hits my window. Who the hell?

Then there she was. Courtney. The girl who was Nick's ex. She's now one of my Nightmares. She grinned at me and held a paper up. Something was written with Capital letters. I rubbed my eyes before reading it.

LEAVE NICK AND I ALONE.