29 - Phone Call

Katie's POV

**The next day**

I woke up early today. Which is really surprising. I stare at the mirror across the room. My hair is in a tangled mess. I didn't wash my face last night, so my eyes made me look bruised. I brushed my hair and tied it into a messy bun. It looked a hundred times better than before. I went to the bathroom and did my business.

I went back to my room to get my slippers. There was a few knocks on my door. I turned around as it opened. It was just Dad.

"Need anything?"

"Phone for you." She says, handing me the cordless phone.

"Thanks." I brought the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Katie?"

"Who's this?" I remember her voice, but I forgot her name.

"Justin Bieber. Who do you think, stupid?" She snaps.

Oh. Right. Courtney.

"Wow. You should at least laughed at the joke." She continues.

"Oh I didn't know that was a joke." I reply.

"Bitch." She growls through the phone.

"Don't compliment yourself, doll."

"Shut up."

"Wait, why are you telling me to shut up? You were the one who called me. . ." I pointed out.

"Whatever."

"Why did you call me?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"I just want to let you know that Nick is breaking up with you."

I raised a brow, "Do you have proof?"

"Yes."

"Where is it then?"

"Oh talk to Nick." She says.

"We are over get it? I regret going out with you! I -" That was Nick's voice.

I was confused. What happened?

"Told you, hun. He asked me out yesterday." She brags.

"We were together the entire yesterday. . ." I pointed out.

"And your point is?"

"Exclamation point." I rolled my eyes.

I hear her groaning. "Goodbye sweetie. Nick and I have errands to do."

"Can I talk to Ni-"

"We are over get it? I regret. . . Psssh . . . We are. . ." The phone says,

"Stupid recorder." Courtney mumbled in the background.

I was relieved. "Your proof is fake."

"Believe what you want babe. I'm not forcing you." She says

"Lie all you want, doll. No one believes you." I smirk, hanging up the phone call.

**

Nick came over after a couple of hours. He bought me heaven - oh I meant skittles. We separated the bag of skittles because we end up fighting for the last skittle. Been There, Done That.

"I have one last skittle and its for you." He says,

I clutched his skittles - more like stole it from his grasp. I peeked at his bag, It was empty. The last skittle was gone. I looked at him, He got my skittle-pack. I let out a scream.

"WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING MY SKITTLES!?!?" 

"Sucka." He chuckles, eating the rest of my skittles.

"Take that back!" I yell.

"Wu suwe abow thaw?" He asks, mouthful of skittles.

I nod. "Give those back." 

His hand makes a small bee-line to his mouth. I was grossed out thinking about the skittles with saliva all over it. 

I whacked his arm. "That's gross. Manners, Nicholas!"

"I thought you want those back." 

"Well, I thought you would buy me another pack not get those from your mouth." I shivered from disgust.

"You weirdo." He chuckles.

"You gross child."

"Weirdo."

"Gross child." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Wow Katie. Real mature." Rob says, skipping down the halls.

Awkward. . . 

I told Nick about the phone call Courtney did, He was confused. Same as my expression before. My eyes stared on the wall clock. Time is running, My days are ending. Only two and a half weeks with Nick. I sigh internally. Is this Karma for being evil to Courtney and Henry? I'll be missing that horrible gross child who stole my skittles. He will always have a place in my life.