22 - I won't let you go

Katie's POV

I stared out of the window, re-reading what was written on Courtney's paper. My breath hitched. Rob was yelling and walked towards Courtney. I can't actually hear what he was saying, but I can tell that he's really angry. His face was all red, his neck veins are really visible from up here, Oh! And the way Courtney is looking at him? Priceless! Her eyes averted up to me, She smirked before ignoring Rob.

Rob looked up at me, His eyes softened. He started running in. I can hear his footsteps going up the stairs. I don't know why but I feel like I'm frozen, I can hear a few things but not too clearly. I feel so empty and so devastated. My door opened, Rob came hugging me tightly. I was surprised.

"I'm really sorry about that Courtney. I could've cut her with the knife I was washing before." He whispers.

I can't exactly speak, I also can't move. I just stared at everything around me. I became a bit relieved that I can hear perfectly again. Little by little, I put my arms around him. Then there goes the door bell. Rob pulled away. 

"I should get that. You should go rest for now, Nothing's gonna hurt you anymore." He promises before walking out of my room.

Nick's POV

I press on the doorbell, waiting for someone to open the door. The sun sets, The skies turned Dark blue from Sky blue. I hesitate. Maybe she doesn't want me in her life. Maybe she gave up on me. The door opens, It reveals Rob. His eyes turned confused to cold.

I inhale. "Hey, Is Katie here at the moment?" 

"Don't you have a lot of confidence in yourself, Nick?" He spats. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"Don't play dumb with me. Didn't I warn you about my sister and cheating?" His voice gets louder.

"I'm not cheating on Katie, Rob." I explain.

"Oh really?" He sighs. "Just go home before I do something that I will never regret."

"I need to see her first." 

"Nick, Go home." He repeats.

"KATIE!" I yell. "KATIE I'M SORRY!" 

"I TOLD YOU TO GO HOME! LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE!" Rob says, shoving me.

"I really need to talk to her!" I beg.

"Nick?" Another voice asked.

Rob turned around, There stood Katie. Who looks restless with those puffy eyes. Damn, Rob was serious. He grunts. Katie just stares at me with a blank face.

She whispers, "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." I say, taking a deep breath.

"About what? About how much you love her that you end up cheating on her?" Rob snaps.

"Rob, Not now. Stop." Katie says, softly. Rob kisses her forehead and leaves us alone. "Speak."

"I'm sorry about everything. I'm not cheating on you. Courtney just loves to ruin my relationships for the past two years. I'm sorry for making you cry." I say.

"Nick, If you're going to make me cry, at least be there to wipe my tears away." She replies, her eyes starts to water.

"I know. I'm sorry, but I tried. You end up running away. You end up leaving." 

"Right. Sorry. You were saying?" She says, sniffing.

"I'm sorry for not being that protective of you. If I was, maybe Courtney never got in our way. Maybe you wouldn't be threatened by her. Maybe she'll leave you alone. I promise you, This will never happen again. I won't let you go. I'll be here." I say, hugging her.

She sniffs again before wrapping her arms around me. "I'm sorry I got jealous. I'm so immature." 

"It's normal to be jealous." I say, kissing the top of her head. "You look cute when you're jealous."

"Cute as a button?" 

"Rob!" She laughs. Rob smiles at her.

"So are you two okay now?" He asks.

I looked at her and waited for her answer. She shrugs. "Yeah I guess."

"Good. Katie, go get yourself a drink. I need to talk to Nick." He smiles. She nods before trotting away.

His eyes were cold again. "This will be the last time that I'll warn you. Don't you dare think of cheating on her. You wouldn't wanna know what I will do." 

I nod. "I promise, I won't cheat on her."

"Don't you even think of breaking her heart. You'll regret everything." He spats. I nod.

"And one more thing. . . Don't leave her alone. Courtney was throwing rocks at her window a few minutes ago, she was also holding a paper with something written on it. I didn't get to see everything. But Katie looked so... hurt." 

I nod, breathing heavily. I never thought Courtney would do that. Well, she has her ways. I sigh. When will she ever leave me alone?