34 - Garden game

Katie's POV

I ring their door bell. I wait patiently for someone to open the door. I heard some ruffling noise behind me. I turn around, there's no one in particular. Must be a rabbit or a frog. I calm myself and press the door belll once more. There was another ruffle. Now, Panic flows in my blood. My heart beats fast. I try to calm myself once more, I didn't bother looking behind me. I might faint.

The was another ruffle, Guess what? I turned around and I was shot. Well, not really a gun shot so don't worry about me. What's that, you ask? Let's say it in a nice way. It was just a little game by this idiot named Nicholas Anthony Lyndon and a little innocent angel named Leila Keana Lyndon. Get it? No? Oh. The last thing I know is that I'm dripping and I look like a wet duck.

"NICHOLAS YOU IDIOT!" I scream, shivering.

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" He yells back. Leila stands there, holding the hose and laughs.

You love me, eh? I smirk. "I LOVE YOU TOO! COME HERE FOR A HUG!"

His eyes widened, He shared a look with Leila. "NEVER IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS!" 

Leila ran away, screaming her lungs off. Wait, that seemed odd. Nick on the other hand. . . climbed up the tree. What a monkey man. He stuck his tongue out at me.

"You can't get me!" 

"I will, Nicholas. Beware. I'm a girl. Do the math." I say, trying to climb up.

"NO! YOU DO THE MATH! I HATE MATH!" He argues.

"You're such an idiot." I rolled my eyes and continue climbing. But thank my skills, I can't climb up.

"Dang you. I'm gonna tell Cassidy about your Hannah Montana addiction." I cursed, He jumped off the tree.

"You wouldn't."

"Yes I will." I smirk. 

"Mom's not home." He says, grinning.

"Fine you win." I sigh, looking down on my clothes. I'm still wet. I smiled evilly and wrapped my arms around him,

"You're freaking wet! GET OFF ME!"  he says, pushing me away.

"Not until you get wet." I mumble. "LEILA! FIRE IT!" 

Leila appears on the side, with the evil hose. Water came out and it hits Nick. I let go, running away. Nick curses and tries to turn it off. Leila runs towards me, screaming again.

"Faster, Lei! We need to hide!" I say.

Leila screams louder and catches up with me. Am I really a slow runner? I looked behind us, Nick wasn't chasing anyone. He was gone. I stopped running. Where did he go? I look down at Leila, she just shrugs and her eyes are full of curiosity.

"Gotcha." A husky voice says, hugging me from behind.

Leila laughs. "Good job, Cupcake!" 

"Leila. . . I thought you were on my side." I pouted.

"Too bad. She was on mine." He whispers. I groan and try to release myself.

"Let me go, Kidnapper." 

"No." He chuckles, bringing me up on his shoulders.

"HEY! PUT ME DOWN! NICK!" I scream, pounding my fists on his back.

They both laugh. I mumble a word - what kind? Well, the clue is. . . It is not suitable for very young audiences. I groan and flicked Nick's ear. He lets out an 'Ow'.

"Sorry Katie." Leila giggles.

"Apology is not accepted until you tell Nick to put me down." I reply.

Her eyes widened. "Niiiiiick! Put Katie down!" 

Nick chuckles. "No, sweet pea. Sorry, Strawberry."

"PUT ME DOWN YOU MORON." I growled.

"The kitten just roared." He says.

Katy Perry's music popped up in my head. I start singing, internally with my brain. I hummed a bit. Nick sighs, and shakes his head.

"You're singing Roar in your head, aren't you?" He asks.

"I won't tell you until you put me down." I reply.

"Nah. I knew it already. I'm not putting you down." 

I look at my right. A familiar car passed and stopped by. Cassidy gets out of the passenger seat. Her eyes went from Leila to us. She laughs. Charles gets out as well. His eyes widened.

"What just happened?" He asks.

"Hi Daddy!!!" Leila says cheerfully, running towards them.

"Hello baby girl. What happened with Katie and Nick?" He asks once more.

Leila stays silent and looks at us. Cassidy speaks up. "Why are you two wet?"

"NICK'S FAULT!" I yell.

"Real mature, Katheryn. Real mature." Nick mutters.

"Shut up you freak." I snap.

"For heaven's sake, Nick! Put her down!" Charles says. HALLELUJAH THANK YOU CHARLES.

"But. . ." Nick starts.

"She must be hurting! Put her down." Cassidy says. I mentally fist pumped. Seconds later, Nick puts me down. I stuck my tongue out at him.

He sighs, "You're lucky they like you."

"Hah. They love me!" I laugh.

"We hear you both." Charles and Cassidy chorused. I turned bright red. Awkward.

"I'm getting some towels. Get inside." Cassidy smiles. 

I followed Nick as he went inside his house. I shivered, The air conditioner was on. Don't they ever get cold? It's almost September, for Leila's sake. A jacket was placed on my shoulders. I looked at Nick. He looks away and smiles.

"Thanks." I smile.

"You're still shivering." He says. "I think dad's making hot choco."

"Well, who thought of playing with the hose with be good???" I glared.

"It wasn't me!" He says, putting his hands up.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes, pulling his jacket closer to my small figure. 

"Sorry I took so long. Here." Cassidy pops, handing me a towel and a blanket. I thank her and wrapped it around me.

She turned the air conditioner off. "You must be cold, I'll be back. Warm yourself up." 

I nod and hugged the blanket more. Nick drags me to their living room couch. I sit still, trying to reduce my coldness. His fingers touches my cheeks. "Sorry."

"It's okay. I had fun." I laugh, softly.

He stares at me. I stare back at him. My cheeks heated. He came inches closer to my face. I slowly closed my eyes and stayed still. His lips touches mine. Okay, My cheeks heated more. I can't help it. I'm sorry. Then there was a sudden noise. . . .