33 - The day after

Katie's POV

"Katie?" Mom asks, knocking on my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I reply, sitting up on my bed.

"Can you buy me milk and carrots?" She asks.

"Sure. Supermarket?" 

"Yes, can you?" 

I nod and smile sheepishly. "Theres a bookstore nearby, so I will be buying a new book." 

She laughs. "I don't find anything new about that." 

"I'm just gonna change my clothes and I'm going out." I laugh quietly.

"Sure. Take your time. I'm in my room if you need the money for the milk and carrots." She smiles before going back to her room.

**

I brush my hair one last time and grabbed my wallet and phone. I walked out of my room and went in to my Parents' room.

"Hey." I greet.

"Finally. Took you long enough to just brush your hair." Mom teases.

"Thanks mom. Sarcasm is the best." I laugh, sarcastically.

She smiles. "Here. You can go now, Be back before 5:30. I need those carrots." 

I nod. "Bye. See you later." 

I ran down the stairs, I grabbed my skateboard and went rolling wheels down the street. It's been a while since I used this board. Let's say, the beginning of summer? I missed skateboarding. 

I found myself in front of The Book Lounge. I was greeted by the guard and the cashier ladies. I greeted them back. I left my board with the guard. He nods and keeps it under his table. I started walking towards the huge book shelves. I can now say that I am so tiny. I gently ran my fingers on the books. I feel perfect at the moment. 

"Hey." 

I turn around. My smile and my perfect times fades. "What do you want?"

"Wow, Katie. Chill down." He chuckles, grabbing my elbow.

"Don't touch me." I say, taking his hand off.

"Katie, I wanna talk to you." 

"I said, Don't fucking touch me!" I snap, angrily.

He stares at me. "You truly are the girl on fire." 

"Shut up. I'm no Katniss. And you're not Cinna or anyone in particular." I say, walking away from him.

He chuckles. "You used to call me Peeta." 

"I was stupid back then." I reply.

"Kat. We can't just break those memories." 

"What memories? Past is past, Henry. I don't need you anymore." I spat. Why am I so bitter?

"I miss you so much." He pleads.

"Say one more irrelevant thing and I'm calling the guard!" I threaten.

"Please Katie. I love y-"

"GUARD! HELP ME! A RAPIST ON THE LOOSE! HELP! HELP!" I scream, then I turn back to him. "Good luck, Henry." 

"Did you just ca-"

"Excuse me, Miss. What is happening here?" The guard asks.

"He's a maniac! He's the famous rapist from Nolia Condia!!!" I tell the guard, He understood what I mean't. Finally.

"I am no-" Henry continues.

"I'm sorry, Miss. I'm kicking him out." The guard apologizes.

"Quickly!" 

"Kat! Wait! Leave me alone! I need her!" Henry shouts.

The guard chuckles. "You heard her, Romeo. We need you out of this place." 

I sigh, sitting down on the floor as they walked away. Thank God I escaped that moron. Thank God that he let the guard and the cashiers guide the whole place. I wait until I can breathe evenly. 

"You okay?" A female voice asks.

"Yeah." I smile at the cashier ladies.

She smiles. "Have fun, picking a book. Oh by the way, You're amazing to push him away." 

"Wait, who?"

"Henry." She whispers.

"How did you two meet?"

"We used to date." She shrugs. I apologized and told her I did too.

She sighs. "Alright, I'm leaving you now. I got to work. See you around."

I nod. "Thanks, I'll be heading over. Where is she?"

**

I got a new book! Title? The Distance Between Us! I made my way to the market and picked a basket. I grabbed the carrots, and I'm now on my way to get the milk. I felt a few taps on my shoulder, I turned around. Hooray. It's Courtney. 

"Hello Katie."

Ugh, Everything seems to suck at the moment. "Hey, What do you want?"

She turns around, plastering a fake smile on her make-up covered cake - Oh I mean. . . face. "Nothing really. How are you?"

"Fine." I reply. Is today my unlucky day? Amazing. Note the sarcasm, frustration and sadness.

"Oh. Cool." She grins. "I just wanna say. . ."

"Yeah, You're gonna tell me to back off Nick right?"

"Well, you knew it all too soon." She smiles. 

I nod. "Keep in mind, You broke him. He doesn't need you." 

I start walking away from her, I found the milk and put it in the basket. I walked towards the cashier, Leaving her all alone. 

______

A/N: Thank you for reading! Sorry, I got busy and I hope you like this! :)) Thank you for voting, and commenting. I have one huge spoiler for you . . .

Summer Love will have a Sequel ;) Okay? Okay. Bye :)) ilove you! x