35 - Childhood Memories

Katie's POV

Let us repeat. Okay, My cheeks heated more. I can't help it. I'm sorry. Then there was a sudden noise. . . . We pulled away, Our eyes widened at each other. Cassidy laughs in the background.

"You two are so cuuuute!" She cooes, grinning as she helds up the camera.

I'm a thousand times sure that I am blushing like mad. I hid my face with my hair. This is weird, embarrassing and cute at the same time. Oh stop it, brain! you're flattering me more! I pulled the blanket closer to my small figure once more. 

"MOOOOOM!" Nick whines.

"Oh honey, You'll thank me later. I'm saving this and putting this one as our Christmas card!!!" She says, grinning.

"I made Hot Choco. Anyone want one hot choco by Mr. Charles Lyndon June-o?" Charles says, cheerfully. I'm pretty sure that Nick got their hyperness.

"June-o? Really dad? You should've said Junior instead of that." Nick groans.

"Cheer up, son." He says. Cassidy nudges and shows the camera to Charles. "Perfect for our Christmas Card!" 

I mentally face palmed. Nick whined more and hid his face with his hands. "Why do you guys hate me?"

"It looks cute, Nicholas!" Cassidy argues.

"Don't call me that." He pouts.

"Nicholas Anthony." I tease.

"Shut up." He mumbles.

I shook my head, "No." 

"This is why I like Katie." Charles says, chuckling. "Here, take a sip to warm yourself up."

I thank him and took a sip. As usual, I wasn't thinking. I burnt my tongue again. Why does this always happen to me? I bit my lip, closed my teary eyes. Nick pokes my arm for a few times.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head. He doesn't budge. "Spill it."

I stuck my tongue out at him and pointed at the Hot Choco. He laughs. I glare at him. "Twanks Nicwolas." 

"No problem, Beautiful." He chuckles.

"Nick you idiot. Go get Katie some water to cool it up!" Cassidy orders. He stands and runs towards the kitchen. He comes back with a glass of water with some blocks of ice.

"Are you seriously feeding me those gigantic blocks of ice???" I snap.

"Oh, You can talk now. I guess you won't need this." He says, turning around.

Idiot. I rolled my eyes and let him do what he wanted. He chuckles. "Just kidding, Here." 

I take a sip. Ice hits me. "DO YOU FREAKING HATE ME???"

I used Freaking because Innocent little Leila is in the room. I wouldn't want her to learn my beautiful vocabulary at this age.

"Huh? Why?" He asks, raising a brow.

"YOU - UGH - TONGUEFREEZE AND TEETHFREEZE." 

"Those doesn't exist." He rolls his eyes. "You are really stupid." 

"Says the guy who said Hydrogen and Nitrogen is also air." I shot, remembering what happened a long time ago.

He glares at me. Cassidy laughs loudly. Charles cleared his throat. Leila was eye-ing her mom. I can say that they are really an odd but happy family.

"DID HE SAY THAT?!?" Cassidy asks, catching her breath.

I nod, laughter didn't let me speak once more. Nick mutters "I hate you."

I wink at him. "I know." 

He rolls his eyes. Cassidy shared some of Nick's childhood. He was having the time of shame. On the other side, I'm having the time of my life.

"One time, We went grocery shopping and Nick played with the cart. He fell and came rolling down like Jack and Jill. He even pulled someone's pants just to stand up. The result? Someone's underpants was seen." Charles continues.

"Nick? You evil little boy." I laugh, "What did the stranger said?"

"Well, He turned bright red and pulled his pants up. Then he pretended that nothing ever happened." Charles chuckles.

"I got one! And for sure, I haven't told you this one yet. . . When he was Four, He made a friend at the playground. I think his name was Alfred. Anyway, back to the flashback. Alfred told him there was a dead bird, Nick looked up at the sky and asked Where." She laughs.

Tears streamed down my face as I laugh. "You are such an idiot."

Nick looked uncomfortable and sighs. "Please stop bullying me."

"Oh hunny, We're just having fun. No one's bullying anyone." Cassidy says.

Nick just rolls his eyes and plays with Leila. Cassidy continued sharing some of Nick's younger years. Charles joins us.

"Ah, There's one more!" Charles chuckles. "Cassidy used to dress Nick as a girl since she wanted a girl. He stopped wearing girly clothes when he was Four. I even got a picture in my wallet."

"DAD!" Nick yells. "DON'T SHOW IT! HIDE THAT PICTURE OR AT LEAST BURN IT!" 

Leila looked at him weirdly. "Pictures are memories, Cupcake. We shouldn't burn it."

"But, Lei. . . You don't understand me." He pouts. "Dad, Don't show it to anyone e-"

"Here you go, Katie. Check it out, yourself." Charles chuckles handing me the picture from his wallet.

I take it, politely and stared at the picture. I bursted out laughing, I can hear Nick's grumbles in the background. Happy tears streamed down more. I mean, How can you not find a guy wearing a polka-dotted skirt and Mouse headband? He was wearing the biggest grin in the world. Oh did I tell you? He even got a matching purse! And yes, I'm telling the truth.

"Don't. Tell. Me. You're. Supposed. To. Be. Minnie. Mouse." I say, in between laughs.

"Stop!" He groans.

"This was taken Halloween 2000." Charles smiles.

Nick pouts. "Stop it."

"Oh sorry, Nick. You're just too cute!" I smile, pinching his rosy cheeks.

"Ugh. Get your pinchers off me." He teases.

"Whatever you say, Minnie Mouse." I wink.