32 - The fault in our stars

Katie's POV

We stay seated on the bench for a few more hours, We wait until the sun went down and gotten replaced by the moon. I wish we could stay like this forever. This summer is the shortest but also one of the happiest moments in my life. We talked about random stuff like our childhood memories, our favorites and more.

"Have I ever told you that when I was a kid, my mom dressed me as a girl?"

I crack out laughing. "You didn't. But seriously???"

"I shouldn't have told you." He mumbles.

"Come on, It's so cute! You look so. . . girly." I say trying to stop myself from laughing.

"Wow, Katie. I thought you love me." He pouts.

"I obviously question your manliness, Nick. Are you really a guy?"

"Wow. I'm starting to question your stupidity." He smirks.

"I'm still better than you, Rabbit." I say, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Rabbit? Really?" He chuckles. "Why rabbit?"

"You're as dangerous and useless as a rabbit." I grin.

"Meow." He says.

"Rabbits don't meow." 

"They actually do! Want proof?" He asks.

"Sure, prove it." I shrug.

"Okay, Help me hunt for a rabbit." He says.

"No way! I'm terrified of those!" 

"See? How will I prove it?" He chuckles.

"You are an idiot." I say, pushing him away.

"An idiot that you love." He winks.

"Shut up." I push him once more.

"Am I right?" He grins.

"One more stupid pick up line and I'm pushing you off the bench." I threatened.

"That isn't a pick up line." He says.

"Say goodbye to the bench."

"Hi." He waves.

"Get off." I say, pushing him off.

He fell off and laughed. This idiot has the guts to laugh after his fall? This guy is so odd like an odd ball. Okay, now I got his weird disease.

"You're an idiot." I tease.

"Says the idiot." He continues.

"Shut up. I want to see a shooting star." I groan.

"You can see one with your eyes, not with your ears, Love." He chuckles.

"No need to be British." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not trying to be British?"

"Are you kidding me?" I ask, with a glare.

"Nooooo." He chuckles.

"This entire summer, I'm sure you're trying hard to be British."

"No I'm not!" He chuckles and then stops eventually. 

"Summer is ending. . ." He sighs.

"Y-yeah. . ." I say softly.

"But we can try the long distance relationship." He says, trying to light up.

"My friends back home had those, but it didn't work." 

He stays silent, then sits next to me again on the bench. He touches my chin and made me look at him. I tried my best not to blush.

He looks into my eyes, sincerity fills his orbs. “I’m not going to keep telling you this, so listen carefully. I love you and If I am far away, I'll search for the stars and think of you.”

He pressed his lips on to my forehead and the stars in my heart just exploded into thousands and millions of pieces. He pulls away and smiles sadly. I don't know if I'm hearing things or not but there's this beautiful sad song that plays as we stare at each other.

"I'll always remember you and I won't forget you."