40 - Goodbye

Katie's POV

"Katie! Get ready! We're leaving in ten minutes!" Dad yells.

"Coming!" I yell back. 

I checked the closet, the drawers and under the bed for my other stuff - in case I forget something. Everything seems okay. Everything is packed. The room is back to itself when I first saw it, excluding the fact that the walls are painted. 

I let my tears fall. I wipe them away then my gaze dropped to a picture frame on the bedside table. I ran towards to get it. I hug it tight as if it was a person.

"I'll never forget you, Nick." I whisper to no one, before shoving the picture in my backpack.

*

I walk downstairs after a few minutes, the mirror near the stairs showed me my reflection. My eyes were bloodshot. Everything on my face is red and puffy. I ignore everything and then I continue walking out of the house.

I sat inside the car as I waited for my parents and Rob to come out. There was a figure near the tree. Well, clue? It's Nick. I feel my heart beat faster as I stare at him. He stares back. Description? He's crying. Yes, I'm serious. I open the car door and run towards him.

His arms start to wrap around me. He cries more. "I can't let you go. I won’t ever let go of my star that I worked so hard to catch."

"That’s right, don’t ever let go. I’ll just keep shining for you." I say, gripping tight on his black shirt.

"If you ever fall for someone else, Pick someone who'll treat you better than I did. Someone who'll treat you like a Princess. Someone who-"

"Nick. I can't fall for someone that isn't you." I mumble through his shirt.

"I'll miss you." He says.

"I think I'll miss you forever." I reply, the tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"Like the stars miss the sun in the morning skies?" He asks.

I pull away, and then I wipe his tears away. He begs and he cries more. "Please remember me as I am right now."

“Remember me as you choose, but that’s how I’ll remember you.” I say giving him a sad smile before kissing his nose.

He plants a light kiss on my forehead. Someone clears his throat. I take one step away from Nick. Rob stares at us like nothing happened. It feels awkward. 

"Nick. I just wanna say thanks for everything you did to my sister." He says.

Nick nods then looks at me. "Anything for her." 

"I'm sorry for making you two breakup. It's just that -"

"Oh hello, Nick!" Mom greets. 

Nick sniffs before greeting. "Hello, Karissa. Have a safe trip back to New Jersey."

Mom's eyes softens. "Thanks, dear. I'm sorry about your split." 

"Rob's actually right. Katie could fall for someone else. The future can't tell us whats supposed to happen next." He says, with a sad smile.

Mom just nods. "Rob, I think they need to talk and I also think that they need privacy."  

They leave us in a couple of seconds. I stare at my feet as the awkward air passes. Nick was still standing in front of me. A few moments later, I find myself in his arms. 

"I guess this is Goodbye." He says.

"I don't wanna go." 

"I don't even wanna let you go." He sighs. "Please, dont go."

"But I have to. I won't if I can." 

"Right. How selfish of me. I'm sorry. I think they need you now." 

I cling tighter to him. "Just a few more minutes please. I want to stay like this forever."

"Forever is such a strong word, babe. I prefer Infinitum." He says.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Mom comes back. "I'm sorry, but we need to go." 

I cling even tighter. "NICK, DON'T LET ME GO."

"Katie." Mom repeats, softly.

"I DON'T WANT TO GO." I sob. "LEAVING HIM IS LIKE DYING ALONE."

"Katie. Don't say that." Nick says.

"Please, let me stay." I beg.

"I'm sorry, Hun. We really need to go." Mom repeats.

"DON'T TOUCH ME." I scream. 

"Katie! You're making a scene!" Mom's voice rises.

"Let me just have my moment with him, Please." I cry more.

Mom sighs. "Okay. I'll give you five more minutes." 

"Katie." Nick says, as soon as mom leaves. "Remember what I told you about the stars?"

I sniff, looking up at him. "Yeah. Why?"

He gives me a sad smile. "In that way, You'll think of me. You'll remember that I'm always there by your side. Miles away or not, I'm still beside you."

My vision blurred with my tears. I stand on my tip toes to give him the Last kiss. "I'm sorry it had to be this way. I love you, goodbye."

He whispers. "Not everything you have stays forever, but there are things you'll be glad to fight for just to have them longer. I love you more, goodbye."

_________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi guys! I made this long. (Hope you like it.) I'm sorry it had to end soon.

Thank you for reading Summer Love! You guys are the best. Writing this story made me happy.  {P.S. : Sorry for some grammar mistakes.} I hope you LOVE/D the last chapter a.k.a this one </3 I promise you. On the 1st (or 2nd) week of November, I'll post Back For You (Summer Love sequel). Happy Halloween, Natie shippers :) 

Xoxo,

silentskittles