Eight

To someone I loved,

I've tried to take my mind off of you. Nothing has worked so far. Even though I haven't seen you for the past few days, my mind still wanders back to you. You're all I can think about, but I bet you don't think of me half as much I do to you.

However, when I do see you, I stop thinking about you for a moment. That's because I freeze and panic. My mind goes blank before going back to you. Those are the times you aren't on my mind. Seldom do I experience those moments anymore.

You're the song that everyone gets stuck in their head for the longest time before just slipping out and being replaced with a new song. Unlike a song, I can't change your lyrics to have a different meaning with just a scratch of a pencil mark. Unlike a song, you aren't in everyone's mind all the time, just mine as far as I know. Unlike a song, I can't forget about you that easily and replace you with someone else. Then why am I comparing you something that isn't like you at all?

The truth is, I can't compare you to anything. You are your own person who is an individual with personal thoughts and dreams. I can't put that in comparison to anything. I am my own person as well. I have my own hopes, dreams, and thoughts. Recently though, you've been in those thoughts and you don't seem to be leaving soon.

If you think about it, everyone is their own type of song. There are the different genres, lengths, and opinions of the music. Some songs are more popular than others. Some songs stay a favorite among people a lot longer than others. Some songs are hated while others are loved. I could say you're the song that everyone knows, loves, and plays every day. That's what you are to me. You're a song that won't leave my head. Meanwhile, I'm just the song that disappeared into the sea of other songs.

With love,

someone who has a song stuck on replay