Seventeen

To someone I loved,

It's been difficult to see you for the past few days. And sometimes it's difficult to get up in the morning. Don't worry, it's not just you that I'm not too excited to see. There are many people I have made mistakes with and many who have made mistakes to me. All my emotions were running crazy and those people I am thinking of at this moment have caused me a great deal of pain.

Everyone has done each other wrong. Everyone with a mistake has a regret they would change. I am most definitely one of those people. Are you? Do you regret hearing my feelings? I've spoken many times about choices. Every choice that has been made has led to this exact moment. With every breath I take, I am closer to another day. With every step I take, I am closer to walking a thousand miles for you. With every letter I write, I am closer to the end. Soon you will understand what I mean.

I wanted to write a letter to every person I've met in my life. However, I've met many people and writing a letter to each would simply be too much. I chose a select few that have made a lasting impact on my life. When I looked at those names, yours stood out the most. The reason was because you have brought the most emotions to rise from deep inside me. Unlike the other names, you've managed to bring a combination of all those emotions. Now after I am done, will I go write those letters to the other names? Probably not, it would be another regret added to the long list I've complied.

Some letters are just spilling out your regrets to a certain person. Once the receiver of the letter reads your regrets, they might respond or they might ignore you. They now know the things you have confessed in your writing. Now that they know, you may regret ever sending that letter. So how would you react to my letter of confession? All I know is that I would regret sending you that letter that I might have poured my heart and soul into. Then there would be one more regret added to my list.

With love,

someone who has regrets