Third

To the one I loved,

The one thing I could never comprehend was why you picked me. Out of every possible person in the world, you picked me to go after. Half the people in the world must have blond hair and blue eyes, but out of those billions, you still chose me.

I had no defining features; I was average height and regular build for the majority of my life. The only possible thing I can think of that would draw you in would be the fact that I was higher up, but the problem with that being your reason is that you didn't know me before two years ago.

And so I led my normal life alongside my family and friends. I had my typical parents and siblings who offered to support me in whatever I chose to do; I had my typical group of friends who pushed me to achieve more. Everyone had my back, so there was no drama or tension that I could see.

That's why I could never put my finger on why you found me so interesting. I still don't know how this all came to be, but I would really like to know.

Anyways, back to the times when I was stepping down. I was still figuring out my place on this new level and found comfort in blending in with the crowd. From where I sat, it didn't take a genius to notice that you weren't much of one to attract attention. You and I were complete opposites then. I grew closer to talking to my friends while you stayed on the listening end of the spectrum.

Maybe it was the way I carried myself that drew you in. Perhaps you liked how I could start up a conversation real quick. The irony of that was how I never spoke to you first. It was always through our mutual friends before you joined in. It could be possible that you believed in opposites attracting, but you and I were fairly similar when you were around your friends. You became this different person that I would have loved to have gotten to know, but you shut that side of you in when I came around.

What else did you like about me? What captured your attention? Only you would be able to answer these questions; I have theories but not the correct answers obviously. This isn't meant to be a hard-to-answer question if it seems to be that way.

I can't see why you liked me that much, but I saw something special in you, something dying to be free. I only wish I could have been more up front with you those years ago. There was a possibility you could have learned to release the happier side of you earlier in the limited time I knew you.

Forever and always,

The one who believed you were the extraordinary