Eleven

To someone I loved,

I've heard that memories shape our present but don't determine our future. My previous letters should've taught you that. Memories bring you to this exact point in time, but it is you who decides what will happen next. Yes, those memories will influence your actions which will in turn affect your future. Yes, you are a part of those memories that have shaped my present. The question is: what have I done to impact on your life?

"From the day that I met you, I knew that I would love you until the day I die." That was a lyric from a song that I always listened to. It was an amazing song I had stuck in my head for days. There are more reasons hidden behind the song as to why it was stuck in my head, the beat of the music, the flow of the lyrics. There's too much to tell you about everything. I'll try my best to only provide the information I believe you need to know. But the whole point of writing these letters is to spill my heart and emotions out to let you know what's going on in my head.

You see, this is already one example. I met you and became your friend. It caused me to grow a crush on you which turned into something more. In effect, I wrote these letters for you which will bring me to leave very soon. That's the idea. One starting point may not have directly caused the ending point but will have an influence on the chain of events that will bring someone to that moment. Meeting you didn't directly cause me to leave. It was the events that occurred in between the start and end that did.

Had I not met you, maybe I wouldn't be leaving. Could someone have replaced your spot and still have caused me to leave? Where would you be in the world? Someone might have been a much larger force than I could have ever been. As I've said before, I don't know what I would do without you. I wish there was some way of knowing how influential I have been to you, a way to know how important I've been in your life. Unfortunately, there's not which leads me to over-think any actions both of us have done in this complex relationship.

With love,

someone who possibly had an impact on your life