Fourteen

To someone I loved,

I have told myself that I am confident and strong, but you don't know why I've started telling myself those things recently. This crush I had on you had has lasted longer than any other past fling. There's something different about you that sets you apart from the other boys. I haven't put my finger on it yet though. All I know is that you're someone who has lit up my world in the past few months.

Besides me, I have a few friends who know about my crush on you. They aren't placing pressure on me to tell you, but they are dropping subtle hints wherever I go and you're there too. Have you noticed those hints? A part of me thinks you know about it; however, the other part of me doesn't believe so. You haven't been acting any differently on any days up to this moment, but I know you're smart, so I though you might've out two and two together. My friends are ecstatic that I've planned to tell you. They are really giving me the courage to do so.

And so, I've built up the courage to tell you. It's only a matter of time until I actually put my plan into motion. Things might not work out the way I want on my first try. Then I'll just try again on the second day. Simply put, I'll just keep trying day after day until I have accomplished my goal of telling you. I hope things don't change between us. Unfortunately, I don't believe a single word of that phrase. After I tell you, things might make sense to you, but there will definitely be a change in whatever kind of relationship we had. All I hope for is that you won't hate me after I tell you. After I tell you, there will be one less secret I have to keep from everyone. And it will be the heaviest weight that I no longer have the burden of carrying.

With love,

someone who needs to confess