Nine

To someone I loved,

Why are relationships so complicated? All relationships involve conflicts or arguments at one point in time. Occasionally, the conflicts would be taken too far. There would be a tear in the relationship that could be mended, however, it would never be the same again.

For visual, a piece of paper represents a relationship of any type, sister and brother, mother and daughter, friend to friend. Over time the paper may stay in tact depending on the circumstances. Water may be poured on the paper to cause the paper to get wet. The paper then becomes fragile and must be taken care in order to return to the way it previously was. However, the paper cannot be put back to the way it was before. Once the paper is dry, it will become crinkled. There will be ridges and waves in the paper. On the other hand, the paper might not have been saved when it was washed down by the water. It may have been torn from the pressure of flowing water. Now then, is our paper torn or covered in waves? Either way, it is no longer a perfect piece of paper.

There are many twisted branches in our story. It gets confusing at a time when everything seems so simple. All at once, the tables turn and keep turning until there is no energy left to continue. I know I shouldn't dive deeper into what we have. I know I should stay near the top and avoid the depths underneath. But I can't resist myself. I have to know what could happen next. I have to know what we could share. So I grab our paper and dive into the water. And almost instantly, we start to break apart. Before I can see our paper become fragile, I see parts of our paper start to drift away from the whole sheet and get washed away.

It wasn't meant to be. Things weren't meant to work out for us. Like any set piece of paper, it will never go back to the way things were. And I will try to dry our paper to revive whatever is left. As much effort I put into the revival, I know for certain that I have already destroyed our paper.

With love,

someone who ruined our paper