Three

To someone I loved,

A friend of mine asked me how long I've had these feelings for you. It took me a minute to answer. I had to recall the times we've talked, and I tried to remember. The time I've known you seemed to move so fast. And then I realized it's been months since this crush on you began. I never understood how and why these emotions came to me.

I don't believe that I fell for your appearance. It wasn't what was on the outside that created this feeling. In fact, one friend thought I was joking when I openly admitted to falling for that typical blonde hair, blue eyed boy. You didn't exactly have any features that set you apart from the other guys, but somehow you managed to catch my eye.

I believe it was the way you made me feel on the inside. Everyday for the past few months you've managed to make me smile and laugh. You called out my name when you saw me. It made me ecstatic to know that you knew I existed. Not many people knew my name, but you started a little game that let everyone know who I was.

For months, I hoped you would find out about my crush on you. We might have been able to tell our own little love story. I cared a lot. I think I cared too much for my own good. On the other hand, I don't think you cared as much. To you, I was merely a pawn in the game of life. Of course, that was just my thoughts running wild. Maybe you did care. I just wanted to know an answer. Did you ever care as much as I did?

For years, I've wondered who I might spend the rest of my life with. I wasn't sure what to expect. There is still time for me to grow and experience more things. Love would be one of those experiences I'll learn more about later on. With so many possible moves to make, it remains a question as to what the future holds for me. I know you'll most likely have a bright future. Maybe over time, we will meet again and see how time has changed me. It may come to you as a surprise, but time already has changed me. I might still care about you, and then you might know about my feelings. Maybe, just maybe, in the near future, when you hear my name, you'll care about me as much as I cared for you.

With love,

someone who cared about you