Chapter 7

Heyyyyy guys. I know you've all been waiting for this and I know you want quick updates but please understand I've had other things to do and I only seem to have short creative windows for me to write anything that is worth reading so please just be patient with me. :)

Nathan's POV

The boys were right. Lili is helping me. When I took a random girl out of the bar, I didn't kill her! I drained some of her blood but I was so distracted thinking about Lili and about how guilty I felt for leaving her, the darkness within me didn't take over. This time I controlled it rather than it consuming me. I drank enough of her blood to satisfy my urges but not enough to kill her, just enough to make her pass out for about 10 minutes then wake up with a sore neck and no recollection of what happened. When I walked back into the club I noticed the boys and their girlfriends all around the bar so I went over to them.

"I didn't kill her." I announced, to be honest I was rather proud of myself.

"Awww Nath that is just fantastic. Really really good. No marvelous." Jay slurred, obviously incredibly drunk.

"Where's Lili?" I asked, detecting her lack of presence.

"I was back first and she wasn't here. I don't know mate." Tom said. I sighed then was overcome with the sense that this was wrong. Lili would never leave without telling at least one person then another person to make sure the original person didn't forget. And she definitely wouldn't have gone off with some guy since we were together. I searched through the club, shouted into the toilets and looked around outside but she just wasn't anywhere to be found.

"I'm going back to the bus, maybe she's there." I said. I took off, speed walking through the crowd and pushing them away if they didn't move despite the dirty looks they shot at me. When I got onto the tour bus, she wasn't there. The driver said she never came back. I didn't know what to do then I remembered that she left me her number so I called her but she didn't pick up, someone else did.

"Ah Nathan it's about time you called."

"Who the hell is this?" I spat.

"Lucas. Now I call an official meeting. The park. 3 AM. Be there or the girl dies." Lili. He has Lili. I've heard awful stories about what the opposing clan do to their victims and my heart felt like it was being torn out of my chest when I thought about that being Lili in those stories. Let me explain. There are two types of vampires: those of us who choose to live a normal life and try to not hurt humans then there are the ones who believe humans should live in fear of us and that we should rule them. I obviously chose the first option, it's wrong but also illogical to assume we could rule.

"Bastard!" I shouted but he'd already hung up but not quick enough for me to not hear a snippet of a blood curdling scream that I recognised to be Lili's. I ran my shaky fingers through my hair and ran back to the club in precisely 4 seconds. I told the boys and their jaws dropped. I checked my watch and it was midnight. 3 hours. Every second felt like an eternity and I felt like every moment she was there I put her closer and closer towards her death. I tried to sneak off early so I had less to think about but Max caught me and wouldn't let me go alone because it would make me an easy target.

Time ticked on slowly, my nerves sky rocketed and we arrived at the park, we all stood in a straight-ish line which was the polite thing to do when two clans met. I shuffled around nervously as I watched the park clock turn to 3 then suddenly Lucas appeared, along side him was his two helpers Antony and Drake. And then I saw Lili. Drake was stood behind her, her hands were hand cuffed and pushed behind her. Her dress was covered in blood and her make up had ran down her face. Her eyes showed fear, desperation, pain...

"Nathan-" She began.

"SILENCE!" Lucas roared and she stopped speaking.

"Give her back Lucas. She isn't apart of this." I yelled.

"No that's where you're wrong, she's my little bargaining chip." He smirked.

"What do you want?" Max barked.

"Nathan." Lucas, Antony and Drake said simultaneously which kind of freaked me out.

"What?" We all asked at once.

"We want Nathan to join us. We know he's more like us than the rest of you. We think he could be helpful."

"NO-" The boys cried

"What's the deal?" I asked curiously despite the shocked looks from the boys when they thought I was considering to go.

"We get you."

"And you'll give Lili back?"

"No. You either come with us and we don't kill her or we do." Drake loomed threateningly by her neck, fangs extending over his lip.

"Get away from her!" I shrieked, jumping forwards so now I was stood in front of all of the boys.

"Only if you join us." I looked over at the boys who all looked shocked and scowled at him or shook their heads at me.

"I... Err..." I stammered.

"We don't have time for this." Lucas said, tapping his watch impatiently. Lili cried out and I saw Antony sink his teeth into her neck.

"Stop it." I snapped

"Well?" He asked. Was I really going to give myself up for Lili?