Chapter 29

This chapter is so mushy and romantic, I don't even know why but it is. If you like that sort of thing the cool you're in for a treat, if not then it sucks to be you, I joke you're awesome.

Remember to vote, comment, share, follow and check out my other works!

The next day

Yet again, I was interrupted whilst I was showering by four girls making demands, again I wasn't sure if they were their requests or Tom's. However unlike last time, they made their conversation minimal and made opportunities for me to say no sparse. Instead of asking me to go see Lili, they insisted that I get changed into my training gear and help them train up.

It wasn't uncommon to see the partners of male vampires in the training rooms, they are generally left at the base during missions since they are too valuable to their partners to endanger them however some liked to train anyway so that they could defend themselves if necessary. Lately the girls had been forced to stay within the base since Lucas was an imminent danger and it didn't seem unlikely that he may try to take the other girls like he had Lili which meant that they had been training quite frequently so that they had something to do. Male vampires, like humans, are generally stronger than females therefore the women needed to train more often and since they were turned into vampires much later on than the boys, they were less skilled and knowledgeable. And I am aware that the whole situation is sexist and medieval but it is almost impossible to change laws that may have been around longer than humans. 

Lately, due to the circumstances, the boys had been unable to train with their partners as they had been too busy therefore it didn't seem completely unlikely that the girls didn't just want to train with me. However since it was them, it was far more believable that they had asked me to train so that they could talk to me about what happened with Lili. Nonetheless, I reluctantly accepted their offer and quickly changed out of my normal day clothes into my gear. It wasn't anything special, just some black cargo pants with red details, a grey t-shirt and a black jacket made out of strong, pounded down padding with some black army style boots. All the boys wore similar stuff since it was the most comfortable yet protective clothes around for training in. The girls wore clothes with similar features but they were obviously more suitable for a girl's body.

After I'd changed we all walked down towards the training room where we found Max, Jay and Siva all using the punching bags, only a small amount of sweat had formed on their brows so I could safely assume that they hadn't been there very long. They stopped when we entered the room and smiled at their partners who immediately moved towards them and they began practicing together, the boys clearly going easy on their girls. Tom however wasn't there and neither was Lili, Amelia and I both wished to train so we partnered up and sparred with each other. She wasn't bad, I had to admit, if she trained for another year and caught me on a bad day then she'd probably beat me in a fight.

It felt like it had been no time at all since we began training although I knew that it had been a substantial amount of time before Tom entered the room and surveyed it before called me over to go to see him. The boys exchanged a knowing look and I assumed it was to do with Lili, I hadn't been allowed to go see her since yesterday morning which meant that the boys had to go and they clearly knew more about the situation than I did. I quickly apologised to Amelia who then sat down for a moment to regain her breath, I had been working her quite hard without fully realising it.

"I've been with Lili this morning." Tom stated and I raised my eyebrows at what he said, urging him to continue with what he was saying. You can't just make a statement like that without elaborating on what had happened or without giving any more details than that. Although apparently Tom could since a moment of silence descended upon us as I waited for Tom to speak and while he waited for me to speak.