Chapter 14

Lili's POV

"Do you know what is a relief though?," Nathan began as I shook my head slightly in confusion, "I will never be the one doing the chasing." He winked before flashing a cheeky grin and appearing at the other side of the room in a blink of an eye. I groaned slightly knowing he wasn't going to let me get any advantage... Ever. I broke out into a run in attempt to catch up, I blinked and suddenly I felt as if I'd ran into a wall. I opened my eyes and Nathan was stood in front of me and that wall was him. I looked around at my surroundings and saw that it wasn't him that had moved, it was me. I brought a hand up to cover my mouth in shock and stumbled backwards.

"I... Did you just... But how?" Nathan stuttered out after reaching out to stop me from falling, his eyes wide due to shock the whole time. I was also extremely confused, he said you get either speed or strength yet I was able to do both. I suppose it can't be a bad thing, can it?

"I don't... Know." I muttered, trying to regain my balance not very successfully but Nathan pulled me back so that I was standing properly.

"How do you not know?" He asked accusingly, his voice rising slightly in confusion and frustration which only made me more annoyed because I was stressed out with the whole vampire thing as it is, never mind with a strange new scenario.

"How am I supposed to know? In case you haven't noticed, I am new to this. In fact, you should be the one explaining because all of this is your fault so you at least owe me an explanation!" I shouted defensively, I knew I'd taken it a bit too far that time but what I'd learned with Nathan is that you shouldn't go back on what you have said, even if you know you are wrong, generally he respects you if you hold your ground for a little while.

"Oh you're such a broken record! You think I don't regret it? What else could I have done? You were dying! I didn't choose this life any more than you did so just stop blaming me for everything!" He shouted, his eyes flashing red briefly but that no longer scared me because I was just a lethal as he was now. However that didn't mean that I was fine with it.

"This is hard for me Nathan!" I shouted, more pleadingly than angrily. His eyes softened momentarily when he heard me but they hardened again nevertheless the red still drained out of them which put me a tad more at ease.

"And you don't think it is for me? Whatever, this is completely irrelevant. Just go to that corner." He said, pointing.

"But-" I began.

"Just do it!" He shouted furiously which made me jump whilst he ran his fingers to his hair to relieve some stress. I turned, obeying what he had told me to do because I really hated arguing with him, mainly because he was so stubborn that he would find a way to make me lose anyway.

I took a deep breath in to calm myself down and started to run. It seemed like my surroundings blurred and then I was directly in front of the wall I was running to immediately. I couldn't get myself to stop and I ran into the wall. As a result, I fell hard onto my back, any air inside my body was forced out. I suppose being a quick as hell is good and all but I hope it's easy to do because I'm not a fan of running into walls, I do that enough accidentally already.

"Ouch." I gasped. Nathan appeared by my side a second later, his face was full of concern, surprise and panic. Again with the panic, could he explain something to me already? I was becoming increasingly agitated.

"Go try the weights again then." He said bluntly, as if he hadn't just seen my collision, ouch by the way.

"In case you haven't noticed but I just ran into a wall at about a million miles per hour! Give me a minute!" I shouted, almost laughing out of shock and due to this ridiculous situation.