Chapter 10

Hello people! This chapter is a bit longer thankfully. And again I probably should have combined this chapter with the next one because I don't think the next one is very long but I like keeping you on your toes. Like the suspense? Yeah I know. I'm evil. Well trust me, if you didn't like me before because I kept you in anticipation you're going to despise me now. I have to say, I was pretty emotional writing this chapter, like close to tears and that takes a lot for me (well Marley and Me is an exception, I blubber like a baby with that film), and I'm sure some of you guys will be too.

Nathan's POV

The next thing I knew, I was being yanked up from the floor, forced out the door and down the corridor into a room I'd never been into before. Within it sat Lucas who was shouting at two vampires who were standing as far away from his as possible, one of them was shaking slightly.

"Why did you do that? Do you know where you are? Humans mean nothing! If you start one, finish them off! Don't show any mercy! Don't act like vampire scum!" Lucas growled, his fangs had extended down over his bottom lip and his eyes glowed a sickly red. The guy that brought me here had a strong grip on my shoulders so it didn't matter how hard I tried to wriggle away, I had no chance of escape. The guy cleared his throat and Lucas looked up, dismissed the two vampires out of his room and looked at us expectantly as if he was tired of our presence and wanted us to leave.

"Well?"

"He's been talking to the human girl." He said bluntly, tightening his grip further. I imagine the boys could have escaped but I'm still a new born in the eyes of most vampires and I lack the strength that they have which still annoys me because the boys always beat me in play fights and races.

"Oh well this is a game changer." Lucas smiled maliciously and I didn't want to know what evil was swarming in his thoughts.

"She's not a part of any game. She didn't do anything." I spat, pulling away but failing to escape. Lucas grinned at my lack of patience and self-control but that only infuriated me further.

"When are you going to learn that in life there are players and pawns? Maybe she isn't a part of this but for anything to be accomplished sacrifices must be made."

"Sacrifices? What are you going to do?" Panic rose inside of me causing an evil grin to appear on his face. Sacrifices can be different I guess, it could mean that I'd take the sacrifice and not see her for a while or she could be a sacrifice and I can't take that. She can't possibly be.

"Patience is a virtue, do you know?" He asked smugly.

"Tell me what you're going to do!" I exclaimed, fighting forcefully to escape the guy's tight hold.

"I don't think you're in any position to be demanding anything Nathan."

"Oh shut up!"

"Take him." He instructed and the guy dragged me out of Lucas' room and into Lili's. Lucas followed swiftly and grabbed Lili by the waist to hold her in place.

"Get off of her!" I screamed, lunging forwards towards him but I was pulled backwards and secured in the corner with chains by a very strong person. Lucas seemed very happy with the set up and rested his chin on Lili's shoulder to pose a very prominent threat. She whimpered and tried to edge away from him but he only pulled her closer.

"You see Nathan; your delicious little human friend here was our bargaining chip. You decide to be unfaithful to your new clan and we threaten to kill the girl."

"W-was?"

"Well the situation has changed. Since we can't seem to stop you from seeing her... I think we might just dispose of her."