Chapter 11

What's up? Do you all hate me because I left you hanging on a cliff with the last chapter? Yeah thought so. Anyway... I don't really know why I chose to write a vampire fic because I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VAMPIRES! I've never watched vampire diaries or Twilight so I'm completely blagging it! Every vampire fanfic seems to have different ideas about how to kill a vampire, turn someone into one and being a vampire ect so I'm putting my own little spin on things so I'm basically telling you guys this because I don't want any comments saying what I've written is wrong because a) no one really knows b) I've already said here and c) I'm not aiming for vampire accuracy . Anyway... ENJOY! Surprise!

IMPORTANT

Also, I'm back at the dreaded school is back and it's year 10 so there will probably be one update a week and generally on weekends but if I don't update then sorry! There's not much I can do about that :(

And... ( Yeah I know you're thinking shut up I want to read) I've had a mean case of writers block which I think is easing up a little but even still it sucks!

Lili's eyes closed slowly and her pulse slowed further.

"Nathan..." She whispered, it becoming an even harder task to just speak.

"Yeah?" I asked, rubbing her hands. I abolished any thoughts from my head because the more I thought about Lili and how my life would be without her, the harder it was to speak without breaking down in tears.

"I'm scared. What if this is it? What if there is nothing after this? What if I never see you again?" Her eyes shot open again. It seemed as if she had accepted her fate but now refused to believe it.

"I... Erm... Of course there is. I'll see you in heaven." I didn't know what to tell her. I don't know either. I know I'm doomed either way.

"But what if there is no heaven? You're a vampire, they're considered to be like demons, you won't get into heaven even if there is one. And what about me? What if I'm associated with you guys and I'm stuck in hell?" Her slow pulse quickened slightly in fear and a few tears rolled down her face.

"I... You... You have a good heart. That must count for something." I said, squeezing her cold hand.

"I don't want to go. I'm only 18. It's not my time to go." She said, stronger and more defiantly than anything else she'd said today. A thought crept into my head, a selfish, cruel idea but my sadness had taken over and I wasn't thinking straight and when she said that it just seemed to confirm my idea.

"I'm not going to lose you. I'm sorry." She was fading quickly, her hand had fallen limply on mine and her chest was hardly rising at all. I carefully sat her up and sat behind her to support her back. I pushed the hair around her neck away then wiped away the mixture of her blood and my tears with my hand.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered into her ear.

"Wha...?" I lowered my mouth down to her neck and sank my fangs into it. Instinctively I began to suck but stopped myself quickly then I pushed vampire venom into her veins. She squealed quietly. I remember feeling like acid had been poured into my veins when I got turned but she was too weak to feel it or at least show it. Her skin didn't get any more colour in it and her heart rate stopped all together.

"Lili? A-are you alive?" I asked shakily, in fear of the answer. She groaned quietly,

"LILI! I-I'm sorry!" She started to open her eyes slightly

"WAIT! DON'T!" I shouted as she opened her eyes completely. She screamed and covered her eyes with her hands, moaning loudly. It worked! She'd started the transition! The transition from being a human to a fledgling takes 2 days then at the end of it you have 12 hours to drink human blood from the vein to become a proper vampire otherwise you die. During the transition, on the first day your appearance is improved to make you more enticing to humans and also your eyes are changing and they're incredibly sensitive so it is foolish to open them until after 10 hours then you should spend the next 14 hours getting accustomed to the change and coming up with a style that suits your new look and what is the most alluring, for example some girls go all cutesy but some go biker chic, it all depends on your audience really. The second day is split: at the start of the second day your fans grow for the first time which is excruciatingly painful then the next few hours they just pop out at random times until it only becomes a numb pain then it's more controlled. Then you gain inhuman speed or strength and spend the next hour either darting around or trying it out. Then you gain the skill of compulsion, compulsion comes in two forms. Vampires have flecks of a colour in their eyes, gold for good and black for bad, when you compel in the first form you must allow the colour of the fleck to completely take over your whole eye then make the human look into your eyes then speak the command and they won't be able to think very much, they just do it. The other form allows you to dip into the humans mind and plant a thought into their head, it will feel like their own and they will then do what you say. The amount of success varies due to the amount of power each vampire has, some vampires can gain complete control of a human while others may only get the human to consider what they want them to do. I gained the power of speed and I am capable of the second form of compulsion and every human I've ever tried to compel has done what I wanted them to do and for some reason, despite being a young vampire I am very powerful in compulsion, even stronger than vampires maybe 100 times older than myself.

"What did you do to me?" She whispered not daring to open her eyes again and trembling violently.

"Y-you're a vampire like me. We can be together." I said quietly because I was worried about what her reaction would be.

"What?" She said slowly, popping the 't'.

"You're a vampire. Well nearly." I said, building in confidence.

"You did this?" She asked, her brow crumpling in uncertainty. I nodded then realised she still had her eyes closed.

"Y-yes." I whispered instead.

"How could you? GET OUT OF HERE! You've ruined my life!" She roared causing me to flinch.

"If it wasn't for me you'd be dead right now!" I yelled back.

"Maybe I would have preferred that!" She growled.

"Oh I doubt that! You said you didn't want to die!" I said defensively.

"I never said I wanted to be a disgusting parasite either!" She spat.

"So that's what you think of me, is it?" I said, slightly hurt but infuriated.

"You drink off humans for survival so yeah, parasite!" The door suddenly burst open and there stood Lucas. She was smiling smugly but his grin faded when he saw Lili looking very much not dead.

"You turned her?" He asked doubtfully.

"Erm yes." He sighed loudly in annoyance.

"Ugh this wasn't the plan! But I guess another vampire to add to my army isn't bad. I'll just have to make sure she's trained properly unlike you." I scowled at him, partly because he was making fun of me but also because of the thought of what he wanted Lili to become and what she would be like if I didn't help with her training.

"I want to help." I announced.

"Hmm. She is your fault I suppose."

"I am going to help." I pressed.

"We'll see. You have strong venom. She's changed already." He noted dismissively. I turned my head from looking at him and back to Lili whose skin had smoothed out and she looked like a porcelain doll and absolutely gorgeous, even more so than usual. I turned back to Lucas and he was staring at Lili, licking his lips.

"I'll be paying close attention to her. I'm almost kind of sad that I drained her... She was so delicious she was almost addictive... Did you know you can still compel fledglings? Anyway... Out you go. I need a word in private then we'll get to work" He clicked his fingers and two men arrived and they pushed me out the room. The last thing I saw was Lucas crouching down next to Lili and whispering something into her ear.

Plllleaaaasssseeeeee remember to vote and comment because your opinions do mean a lot, even if they are criticism. And if you like it then please promote it to your friends. :)