Chapter 23

Dedicated to MeganTWxx for writing a kiss scene x

Thank you for nearly 16K xx

Remember to vote, comment, share and fan x

Nathan handed me a knife and I held it in my hand for a second to get used to the weight of it, it looked strangely beautiful really: the symmetry of the blade, the intricate pattern etched onto it, the way it fit perfectly in my hand. It was a matter of seconds after taking the knife from Nathan when I was snapped out of my daydream by the next possessed person who was storming towards us. Immediately, Nathan pushed me behind him again and quickly sliced into his neck with effortless precision. I was horrified and disgusted but I had no time to react as Nathan grabbed my wrist and pulled me forwards. The boys were advancing quickly, no time could be wasted as the situation we were in was extremely dangerous. I couldn't wait to leave. I felt like my head was confused, I'd just started adjusting to the thought of me being dark then I'm told that I was never dark in the first place...

We turned a corner, I have no idea where we were going but the boys strode out with such confidence I thought that they knew where they were going. That thought was soon abolished as we hit a dead end, Tom cursed and slammed his fist against the wall in fury. All of us turned and searched the wall for a exit, there was a possibility that there was a secret way out. However, no one was focused on what was behind us.

I felt a scream escape my lips as a strong arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me backwards. I was well aware that there was a knife pressed against my neck and it was slowly digging further and further in. Panic was rising and rising inside of me, I had been naive enough to think that this getaway would be pretty straightforward, I had never once considered my death a possibility and now I felt like death was only centimeters away. I tried to squirm out of my captor's grasp but the grip on me only tightened to a point where I struggled to breath. The boys turned around quickly and froze to the spot, Nathan growled. They didn't know how to handle this situation, they knew if they stepped forwards then that would be it, I would be done. I felt hopeless and I began giving up hope but then an idea struck me, it was stupid and deadly but for some reason I felt compelled to do it, it was my only option really.

I quickly jabbed him in the stomach like I had done to Nathan earlier, again I knew it would only give me enough time to step away from him before he recovered. I bent down, grabbed my knife and quickly slashed across his chest. I didn't know what came over me, how I had the courage to do it and why I wasn't completely disgusted but I did do it and I was quite proud of myself. I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins and I felt like I could do anything... Especially Nathan, don't judge me, he looked very sexy as a bad boy fighter...

"Let's go." I said, turning towards the boys, all of which were staring at me in shock and awe, Nathan especially. Tom snapped out of it quickly and pulled out his sword, he then nudged the boys to move forwards so that we could start making our way out of there. I didn't want to stay in there one more minute, it was terrifying but I was so pumped up for a fight and I didn't understand why.

We turned a corner and I quickly put my arm out to stop the boys from advancing and I scurried backwards, a gang of vampires were heading in our direction. I quietly informed them as to what was approaching and Max and Tom stormed out and began hacking down the advancers. Siva and Jay then followed to help, I was about to as well but Nathan grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Has anyone ever told you that you look hot when you're fighting?" He whispered into my ear which sent chills down my spine. I yanked myself away from him and ran towards the fight, my cheeks were red and a smirk had formed on my face. At least the attraction was mutual...