The Message Has Been Sent

Across the enormous forest was another castle. An old figure was seen was walking down the stairway to the basement level of the castle.

He entered the room and there was a young man, sleeping on the bed. As he clapped the man's mouth, the man's eyes flew open and was about attack him, when he saw who it was and sighed in relief.

"You must get the hell out of here, Caspian!" The figure said to the man on the bed.

"What happened, professor?" Caspian spoke in thick spanish accent, and was about to close his eyelids. He jumped when the figure shook his arm hurriedly, grabbing him and lifting him from the comfort of his bed.

Caspian watched as he drew the curtains back around his bed as if he were still in it.

"You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince," The professor started fearfully, as Caspian's eyes turning to slits as the professor dragged him downstairs.

"Come, we must hurry." The professor said

There were heavy footsteps coming down the hall, and the professor yanked Caspian into the closet, leaving a crack in the door so that he could see out into his bedroom without being noticed.

"Look, professor, you have to tell me what happened!" Caspian said desperately.

"It is your aunt." the professor said. "She has given birth to a son." This realization sunked into Caspian's veins.

His uncle had always wanted his throne, and would go to any lengths to get it. Long ago, Caspian's father had died, and his uncle seemed uncommonly calm about the situation and cancelled all his training. If Caspian was gone, his uncle would become king, and the only thing stopping his uncle from taking serious action was his lack of an heir. Now that he had one, Caspian might be facing execution.

Caspian followed the professor in stunned silence as he was led to the armory, given a sword and armor. He let the professor assist him in mounting the horse.

"There's something else I have to tell you." The professor said. Caspian saw that he wore a stern look.

"You know a close friend of yours, Bastila?" The professor asked in a serious voice.

"Yes, what happened?" Caspian asked in a inquisitive voice.

"I sent her on a hunt for something, and now she's been captured by Lord Sanchez." The professor told him. "She's now being imprisoned in his castle."

"So what should I do?" Caspuan asked. First the birth of his uncle's son, and now his friend is in grave danger, so currently he's dealing with a double trouble.

The professor pulled something from his pocket that was wrapped in a cloth. He held it out to him, looking him dead in the eye.

"It has taken me many years to find this. Only use it at your greatest need," he told Caspian, handing it to him.

Caspian ran his fingers over the cloth, and was about to unwrap the cloth, when he heard shouting and yelling, so he placed it in his pocket.

The sounds grew louder as the armed soldiers came closer, ready to take his life. He grasped the professor's shoulder.

"You have to save Bastila first, and then you can both work together to summon the Kings and Queens of Old with this horn." The professor said.

"Will I see you again?" Caspian queried, watching the professor close his eyes in sorrow.

"I hope so, my dear." The professor sighed. "There's so much I have to tell you, but I can only say good luck and hope that you can save every goddamn thing out there!"

There were shouting and screaming from the castle and the professor patted on the horse.

"Go now!" The professor said, and Caspian was off for his new adventure.

Caspian was off, unsheathing his sword as he rode the horse forward through the castle doors, swinging at the neck of a man who aimed his bow at him and continuing to jet forward.

Urging the horse on, Caspian made for the woods as instructed and looked over his shoulder to see a small party of men on horses coming after him.

Caspian urged the horse out of the castle and into the outskirts of the dessert. He rode on and glanced backwards and saw that they're still after him. He looked forward and a branch smacked his forehead and fell to the ground. He was lost.

But then he heard a door slam, so he instinctively sat up and putting a hand to his sword. His eyes grew wide as he saw two bearded dwarves emerge from a rather small cottage.

The dwarves looked in the direction of the soldiers that were closing in on the small clearing, shouting that they had spotted Caspian.

"I'll handle the men," one of the dwarves said as he pulled out a dagger and started rushing towards the soldiers. "You take care of him."

The dwarf approached Caspian and then stopped, as he looked to the ground at Caspian's right, and Caspian followed his gaze to see what the professor had entrusted him with. It's a horn. Caspian's eyes snapped back to observe the look of growing fear on the dwarf's face and a thought came to mind, and he snatched the horn up and put it to his lips.

"No!" The dwarf cried, starting towards him again. But it was too late, for Caspian had already risen the horn to the night sky and blown it with all his might, before he felt a painful blow to his head and everything went black.