The Kings' Respite

As Susan got on Caspian's horse, the two rode off and through the woods. Susan said nothing during this ride, but a thought of Peter popped into her mind, which prompted her to ask Caspian about Peter.

"How's Peter doing with Miraz?" Susan asked Caspian.

Caspian did not answer for a moment and then said, "I don't really know, and I just left before I see Peter on the field with my uncle."

"I hope he's doing okay." Susan said.

"Believe me, so do I." Caspian said to her. "But we're not that far from here, so we'll know if he's alright or not."

"Okay." Susan said.The two rode on the horse and they realized they're almost near Aslan's How.

Meanwhile, back at the field, Peter and Miraz duel. After Peter managed to punch Miraz that sends falling to the ground, he turned his back and then froze.

"What the hell, Peter?" Edmund shouted at him across the field, but Bastila nudged him and the two turned their back to see what it was.

They saw a horse running towards and then finally stopped near them. Edmund saw it was Susan and Caspian getting off the horse together and walked towards him and Bastila.

"Hey, you guys." Susan greeted her brother and Bastila. "How's Peter doing?"

"Well, see for yourself." Edmund said and pointed at the field where both Peter and Miraz incapacitated to the ground. But Peter got up and then froze as he saw them a few feet away from the field.

Edmund looked him and grinned and then turn to the others, but he frowned as he thought of something.

"Where's Lucy?" Edmund asked Susan.

"I send her off to find Aslan alone, and she'll make it there." Susan assured him, but Edmund looked worried and was about to question her when Bastila nudged him in the arm.

"He's coming." Bastila told him and then pointed at the field.

Peter, who grunted in pain, got up and then looked at his siblings, Caspian and Bastila in the field. As he looked at them, his first

thought was Lucy as he realized that she was nowhere near them.

But his thought was interrupted by another grunt and then turned to see it was Miraz, who also got up and glared at Peter in anger.

"Does the High King need a respite?" Miraz demanded.

"Five minutes?" Peter asked nervously.

"Three!" Miraz snarled and then he limped back to his army, where the Telmarines watching from the opposite side.