The Enemy of My Enemy

"Huh?" Lucy opened her eyes and immediately stood up and saw that the day looked the same as yesterday, such as the atmosphere and the enviroment looked gloomy.

"Was I dreaming?" Lucy thought to herself frantically. "Was Aslan really here?"

She looked around again and turned her attention to her siblings, but they're all still sleeping.

"Susan!" Lucy tried to wake her sister up. "Wake up!"

"In a short while." Susan said sleepily, and Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Peter! Edmund!" Lucy tried her brothers, but they both have the same response.

"Typical." Lucy thought with slight annoyance as she got up and wandered off from the campsite.

Lucy pondered where was her position in her dream.

"Okay, in my dream or whatever, I was standing here." Lucy looked down and then around her spot. "And when I saw Aslan, I was over there." She looked at the bushes a few feet away.

Lucy walked over there and she suddenly heard noises. Then she saw a furry figure, not far away, walking in the opposite direction.

"Aslan?" Lucy echoed, but suddenly, a hand clapped over her mouth and she was pulled back to a large rock nearby.

Lucy emits a sigh of relief when she was that it was Peter who came to her side.

"You go back and alert the others." Peter told her. "I'll look through here."

Lucy nodded and Peter crept through several bushes beyond their hiding spot. He then saw a furry figure walking by.

"A minotaur?" Peter pondered in amazement. He was about charge ahead and tackled the minotaur down, when someone from the opposite tried to strike a hit on Peter, but Peter ducked and backed away a few steps.

Peter saw that this person looked slightly older than him. He had a wavy black hair, where it's length reached the bottom of his neck. He was wearing a white tunic shirt, and a black armor covering his torso, as well as black pants and leather boots.

Peter drew his sword and try to perform a strike on him, but he blocked the hit and kicked Peter's sword, but the other man's sword hit the tree. Peter went for the sword and the other man was about to pick up the rock when they see a figure jumping out of the trees.

"Don't move, or I'll kill you!" said a female voice and the the two of of them saw a figure jumped out of a far distance and landed near Peter's position.

The figure was a slender young woman, with long, burgundy-colored, curly hair. She wore a shamrock green tight-bodysuit, with skull-shaped shields on both of her shoulders.

She drew her kodachi sword and was to aim the weapon at Peter, when a voice cried out.

"Stop!" It was Lucy's voice. The three of them turned to see her running out and stopped to stare at the three.

Peter exchanged glances with the other man, while the woman eyed closely at Peter, who's eyes grew wide as he looked at the man in astonishment.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter echoed in amazement. He then looked at the woman. "Bastila?"

Bastila looked at Peter in surprise and turned her attention on the other man.

"Yes..." Caspian said in return. "And who are you?"

"Peter!" snapped a voice, and the three of them turned to see that it was Susan who shouted out. Edmund and Trumpkin joined up with her and Lucy to see what was happening.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" Edmund asked his younger sister.

"I'm fine." Lucy reassured him. "Thanks, Edmund."

Peter and Caspian looked at them, and then at each other. Caspian's eyes grew wide as he looked at Peter. Just then, several minotaurs, as well as centaurs and dwarves arrived at the scene.

"You're Peter, the High King." Caspian said in a bewilderment.

"I believe you called." Peter said, looking slightly annoyed.

"Well yes but... I thought you'd be older." Caspian said thoughtfully.

Peter raised his eyebrow. "Well if you'd like..." He said. "...we could come back in a few years..."

"No!" Caspian exclaimed quickly. "No, that's alright. You're just...you're not exactly what I expected." His eyes glanced at the siblings, but he looked very hard at Susan, who then looked slightly uncomfortable.

"Neither are you." Edmund commented.

"Ditto." Bastila said flippantly.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." The seven of them turned to see a badger who had just spoke.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege." a mouse said. Peter smile slightly. "Our hearts and swords are at your service!"

"Oh my gosh, he's so cute!" Lucy whispered to Susan.

"Who said that!" the mouse shouted, whipping his sword around.

"Sorry." Lucy said, looking a bit sheepish. Bastila gave a tinkling laugh.

"Oh... er... your Majesty... with the greatest respect..." The mouse said as he bowed graciously. "...I do believe courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might more fit a knight of Narnia."

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter said.

"Yes indeed!" said the mouse, seemingly incredibly pleased at the remark. "And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire."

"Good." Peter said and turned to Caspian. "Because we are gonna need every sword you can get."

"Okay then." Caspian said.

"You might want this back." Bastila handed the sword back to Peter, who sheathed it.

The seven of them walked through the woods with the rest of the Narnians.

"What are they like?" Nikabrik asked Trumpkin.

"Malcontent, complainers, stubborn as mules in the morning." Trumpkin replied with irritation.

"So you like them then." Trufflehunter replied.

"Hell, no." Trumpkin said with a laugh.