The Chase

Caspian walked out of the cottage, fully armed with the horn, and his sword. He walked for half a mile into the forest, when he heard a sound coming from behind. He sighed and turned around.

"I can hear you." Caspian said and looked around to see Trufflehunter and Nikabrik emerging from their hiding spot.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I have to go alone first." Caspian said to them.

"Wait!" Trufflehunter cried out, but Caspian started walking again, and Trufflehunter shouted, "You might get into trouble with the minotaurs!"

Caspian stopped short and turned around.

"Minotaurs?" He echoed. "They're real?"

"And very bad-tempered." Trufflehunter pointed out.

"Not to mention big as hell." Nikabrik said.

As the three walked along, Caspian thought of another question.

"What about centaurs?" He asked. "Do they still exist?"

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side." Trufflehunter said. "But we will gather an army ourselves together when we find this friend of yours."

As the three of kept walking on, Caspian stopped short.

"What about Aslan?" He asked.

Trufflehunter and Nikabrik stopped walking. They looked at each other in astonishment and then turned to Caspian.

"How the hell do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik demanded.

"Stories." Caspian replied.

"Wait, your father told you stories about Narnia?" Trufflehunter asked.

"No, my professor..." Caspian stopped his sentence, and Nikabrik and Trufflehunter realized that he ended the sentence in a way that he isn't obliged to giving them further information.

"Listen, I'm sorry." Caspian said. "These are not the kind of questions you should be asking."

The three of them walked further more, until Trufflehunter made a dead stop and sniffed as if he had smelled something.

"Humans..." He whispered in a deathly shock.

"Him?" Nikabrik asked, nudging his head at Caspian.

"No." Trufflehunter sniffed again and turned around and his eyes grew wide. "Them!"

The three of them turned around and their hearts sank.

Few hundred away, they saw men, carrying the harpoon guns, and they realized that the men are the Telmarines. One of them shouted, "There they are!" and some of them started shooting their harpoon guns at them.

"Holy shit...run!" Nikabrik yelled, and the three ran.

The Telmarine soldiers kept shooting them, but the three of them keep dodging their shots, until Trufflehunter stifled a cry of pain.

"Caspian!" Trufflehunter cried out and then the two turned around to see Trufflehunter incapacitated.

"Holy fuck!" Nikabrik yelled and they ran to help him.

"Take this!" Trufflehunter cried out, and held up the horn for Caspian to retrieve. "It has greater importance than I have."

"No!" Caspian shouted. "I'm not leaving you behind like this!" and then ran towards Trufflehunter and yanked him up.

"Thanks!" Trufflehunter said, and then the three ran, until they hear cries of pain from the Telmarines soldiers.

The three turned around and saw that there were less Telmarine soldiers coming after them, until they witnessed that one by one, they were taken down from below, but it was covered by grass, so they couldn't tell who is the assailant.

Until there were no more, a mouse jumped up at Caspian's face, as he fell down to the ground.

"Choose your final words carefully, Telmarime!" the mouse shouted.

"Reepicheep!" Trufflehunter cried out. "Stay your blade!"

"What happened?" Reepicheep asked.

"Well, this is the guy who blew the damn horn!" Nikabrik growled.

Reepicheep then got off Trufflehunter and walked towards the two.

"I'll get everyone ready when you come back." He said to them and ran off.

"What do we do know?" Trufflehunter asked as the two regrouped with Caspian.

"We're going to save Bastila." Caspian said firmly.