A Perilous Ride

After Lucy and Susan sneaked out on their horse, they went inside the woods.

"You know the way?" Susan asked Lucy.

"I don't really know, Susan." Lucy said hopelessly.

"You saw Aslan in the woods, so let's go that way." Susan told her.

The horse sped through the forest, but Susan ran out of patience on the horse.

"Could this horse go any slower?" Susan gets frustrated and urged the horse to go faster.

As the two sisters rode the horse further down the pathway in the forest, the horse suddenly whinnied.

"What now?" Susan demanded, but Lucy gasped in horror.

"There they are!" shouted a voice from thirty feet away, and the sisters saw that it was a Telmarine soldier.

"They've seen us!" Lucy cried in dismay.

The sisters saw that there a few more as they rode by through the clearing of the woods. Susan then motioned the horse to stop, and slid off elegantly.

"What are you doing?" Lucy asked, as Susan handed the reins to her.

"You take the reins." Susan requested. "You're gonna have to find Aslan alone."

"Are you mad?" Lucy demanded, "You're never gonna make it out of here!"

"I know this is crazy." Susan said weakly, "Look, there's enough here that you have to feel some obligation to me, so you find Aslan right now!"

As they looked at each other, they heard another Telmarine soldier shouting out "Kill them!"

"Oh, God..." Lucy said faintly.

"I can buy you some time, but you're gonna have to run now." Susan said, as she drew out her bow and arrows. "You can do this, sister."

"Good luck." Lucy gave her sister one last look, before Susan urged the horse off to woods.

She turned her attention to the Telmarine soldiers. One approached her and tried to stab her, but Susan managed to use one of her arrows to punch through his stomach.

She then turned to the others and shot one, who was hiding behind a rock.

She shot a few more down, and finally managed to shoot the last one, who was running towards her.

"Okay, I killed them all." Susan thought and looked around, "How am I ever gonna get back to the How?"

Just then, she slammed to the ground. Susan faced her assailant and saw that it was another Telmarine soldier.

"Any last words?" he sneered at Susan.

Just then, an arrow shot through the soldier's chest and he fell the ground. Susan turned to see that it was Caspian, who got off his horse and then came to Susan's side.

"Thanks." Susan said and then got on Caspian's horse.

"You're sure you don't need that horn?" Caspian teased and Susan laughed.

"Shut up." Susan gave a hearty laugh at this.