7

Liam:

"Liam, what's wrong with you? You've been out of it all day," Niall asks when I go over to him and take a sip of my water bottle. We were in the middle of football practice but Mr. Grimshaw thought it'd be a good idea to take a quick water break. I sit next to Niall and shake my head.

"I'm fine," I say which is anything but true. Zayn has been occupying my head all day and as much as I've tried I can't stop. Throughout the day I caught glimpses of him with Harry. And every time Harry would be touching Zayn in some sort of way.  If only Zayn knew his real intentions and that's what made me angrier. That Zayn was blind to it all. But, it wasn't my problem anymore.

"Bullsh.it," Niall says. "You're more distracted than usual and you let some freshmen push you on the ground. There's obviously something wrong." I hated that Niall knew me to well but either way he couldn't know what was bothering me. He'd never stop asking questions.

"My mom got a new boyfriend s'all," I say which isn't necessarily a lie. She did get a new boyfriend but he was the least of my worries. I had met him last week and he seemed like a decent guy. Despite his creepy mustache.

"Oh, well don't worry about it. Your mom is a smart lady. She can take care of herself," Niall says, offering advice that I don't particularly need but is helpful either way.

"Thanks Ni." Suddenly his eyes light up.

"You know what will cheer you up?"

"What?" I ask skeptically.

"Luke's older brother is throwing a party at their house tonight. He invited me and told me I could bring whoever I wanted. We should go," Niall says, gripping my arm tightly, looking at me with hopeful eyes. I shake my head.

"No thanks. I can barely stand everyone as it is, mixing them with alcohol just screams train wreck," I say. Niall groans.

"Please Li? I really like Luke and I don't want to go by myself. I need my teddy bear bodyguard with me," he says jutting out his bottom lip. I roll my eyes and look away. Thankfully coach tells us break is over so I don't answer him.

"I'll think about it," I tell Niall as I stand up. He huffs and crosses his arms, but smiles when he sees Luke send him a wink.

"You better think about!" Niall demands as I run to the field. Maybe going to the party will help me stop thinking about Zayn.

-

"You're wearing that?" Niall asks as he gets into my car. I look down at my outfit: white t'shirt and black jeans. What was wrong with it?

"Yeah? So?" I ask and start to drive to Luke's house

"Yeah? So?" I ask and start to drive to Luke's house. It was the biggest house in town so everyone knew where it was.

I wasn't too keen on the idea of being in a house full of drunk, horny teens but being home alone on a Friday night didn't seem very fun either. It'd give me a lot more time to think about Zayn which I didn't want.