Sharing A Floor with a Vampire, Werewolf and Demon/ Chpt. 23

I woke up and got ready just like any ordinary day. Except this wasn't an ordinary day, I was going to school. I grabbed the first available outfit, and did a once over in the mirror. What was the point of even trying to impress, when Nathan wouldn't let anyone take a second glance at me, let alone a first. 

"Are you ready?" Nathan asked, strolling into my room without an invitation. He closed the gap between us, and planted a kiss on my cheek. 

"Yeah," I smiled, and grabbed my bag. A nervous twitch started to kick in. I had never been nervous for school, so why was this happening now? 

"So if we ever can't drive together," I said. "Is there a bus route that you would recommend for school?"

"There's a stop a block away from the building, the bus goes straight to campus with maybe six stops along the way."

"That's perfect," I beamed. 

"Don't worry, I will drive you, it's much faster." He replied. 

"Don't you ever take the bus? Save on parking?" I asked. 

"It's a cost I don't really care about," Nathan shrugged.

I'm sure I wouldn't either if my parents were bank rolling me. 

"I finish around lunch time today," Nathan said. "How about you?"

"I think around lunch as well." I answered.

"I'll meet you at your last class," Nathan said. "I'll be at the entrance of the building. I took a picture of your schedule.

"How?" 

"You left it on your table," he replied.

"Oh okay," I nodded, so there was no freedom for me in terms of saying where I was or lying to escape Nathan for a day. Fantastic. 

"Are you excited?" I asked. 

"Not really," he said. "I don't even see the point of getting my degree. Whatever, it's just one more year."

"To get a job," I snapped. Was he being serious? What did he plan on doing without one? I'm sure he would rely on his connections to find a job, and that degree would become pointless, but classic Nathan entitlement. 

"What do your parents do?" I asked. "Besides being leaders of your pack, or is that a full time job?" 

"They both used to work in finance, when they were younger, but they both made bank and retired early. Besides, when you're leading a pack, there isn't time for a full-time job. They don't have the need to worry about money, when they have endless donors."

Donors? Ugh. Rich and entitled was what Nathan was. 

***

Nathan gave me a kiss goodbye, and we departed separate ways. I looked up at the massive brick buildings that sprawled across campus. It felt like it could be a city of its own. Large trees covered the campus, leaving a trail of orange and red leaves across the ground as the seasons were changing. It was a beautiful sight, and finally something felt right. 

I searched for my first class, my class schedule stuck in my face. If it wasn't already obvious, this was a dead giveaway that I was new to campus and a first-year student. But I was ready to embrace it, and have a set of firsts. 

After stumbling around a few times to the wrong buildings, I finally made it to my first class. I opened the doors to a huge lecture room, with cascading seats. The seats were starting to fill up, and I had to act fast before my indecision left me with a front row seat. I wandered over towards the middle, and plunked my body down.