Uninvited

Since Laura had went to sleep before everyone got back, she woke up before everyone. She wanted to go to the studio today, not only because she had to work on things, but to get out and maybe get herself in a good mood. She put on a blouse and some skinny jeans with flat booties. She did a little bit of make up and made herself some coffee and left before anyone had gotten up. 

She walked along the sidewalk, sipping her beverage and taking her time. It only took fifteen minutes to get to the studio, though. She unlocked the door, walking inside. She turned everything on and let it warm up while she checked her song list for the day. She fake cried to herself when she saw how long it had gotten. She would not be finishing it today. 

She started on her first song on the list, Can't Help Falling in Love. She listened to it by Elvis again. She played around with the tune for a bit. She loved the original, but she didn't want to mess it up. She wanted to get away from the light guitar and drums in the song. After a little bit of that something caught her eye in the studio.

"Manny!" She shouted, seeing one of the producers who was at the studio a lot. She had became friends with most of them. "Piano, or the uke?" She asked. They played around a bit and decided on the ukulele fro the song. It made the song not so dark. She kept the vocals light for the most part but did get some high notes on some of it. 

"That's the one LC. Stop trying to make it better. It won't happen." Manny's voice came into the sound booth. She rolled her eyes and mumbled a fine, coming out and finding the next song to work on. It was Don't You (Forgot About Me). It didn't take as long since they didn't have to redo the instruments. As Laura recorded, Manny just added a little bit of upbeat to the song so it would be more modern. 

"What's next Man-o?" She asked, drinking some water.

"Lionel Richie." He said.

"No way. For real?" She asked. He nodded. "Yes! Which song?" She asked, getting excited. 

"All Night Long." He said and they both laughed. She practiced first with him and got his opinion on what was best. She went into the booth and began singing. There were a couple parts they were trying to fix. 

"Hey, hold on Matt's calling me." She said. Manny stopped the music and let her talk. "Hello?" She answered.

"What are you doing?" Matt asked. 

"Recording." She answered, drawing out the letters.

"Oh, what are you working on?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said, in a small voice, knowing they would make fun of her. Then Manny 'accidentally' pressed the button and the song started playing. "Manny!" She yelled at him; he was laughing in his chair.

"Is that Lionel?" Matt asked.

"No." Laura answered quickly.

"I think it is." Matt chuckled.

"Why did you call, Matthew?" Laura asked.

"Jimmy wanted me to invite you to lunch." Matt said, with emphasis on the Jimmy part. She was sure he was standing there. "All the guys and gals are going. You and Manny come." Matt said.

"Manny doesn't deserve lunch. He's a traitor." Laura said, glaring at Manny, who shot her a sweet smile. 

"You better bring Manny." Matt said. He told them where they were going and Manny and Laura locked up the studio and went and met with everyone.

Everyone, for the most part was talking and laughing at lunch. Of course Brian was still in his moods. Val didn't talk much, but she looked like she was getting business done for the boys. It was mainly Zacky, Johnny, Matt, Manny, Leana and Laura talking and joking around. 

-

Laura had added a bit of make up on top of the amount she already had on. She changed into black jeggings that were almost a part of her since they were so tight. She put on a thin strapped top with a cute design and a pair of shoes that matched. She made her way to the back of the stage that Avenged would be playing at. She decided to watch them tonight. 

"LC!" Zacky shouted when she walked in. Everyone turned to her and everyone, but Brian, said a chorus of heys. 

"Well, I'm surprised to see you here." Jimmy said. 

"Well, unlike you Jimmy," She started out, sounding bitchy, "I let things go." She ended in a normal voice, almost smiling. He almost smiled too, but wouldn't let her see him. He started talking to her and she followed him and sat beside him while he warmed up. She got to stay about forty five minutes before they had to go on. Most of the guys were running around grabbing their things. Brian had ended up standing next to her, with his guitar, putting on his ear things (the things where they can hear themselves... I can't think of the name right now). 

Brian went to grab his guitar, but he elbowed Laura in the process of doing so.

"Oh, sorry." She said, grabbing his arm as a reflex. He immediately pulled his arm out of her grip, looking her right in the eyes. He stepped around her and walked forward, leaving her behind, saying nothing. She felt her stomach twist with embarrassment and hurt. She had no idea what she had done to Brian, lately, that would make him treat her like he was. She almost went back to the bus to sulk in the crevice of her bunk, but some of her friends were to the side of the stage. She made her way over there, still thinking about what had just occurred. In the pit of her stomach, she felt really sad for some reason, but her mind was telling her to act normal and have fun with her friends. That's just what she did. 

It didn't matter anyway because Brian acted like she wasn't there. He would usually look over to side stage to see the Berry brothers or his friends over there, but he avoided that side of stage.

After Avenged got off of stage, all of them ended up going over to side stage. Laura tried to act natural again and look like nothing was bothering her. She really wasn't that upset about it anymore, but now Brian's presence was making it worse. He stayed in the back of everyone, crossing his arms, not hiding his distaste. But what made it worse was that now he wouldn't stop looking at Laura. 

After a couple more uncomfortable minutes, Laura made her get away. She told all of her friends some lie just to get back to the bus. At least there she could avoid Brian by shutting the curtain or something. Her friends pleaded with her to stay, since this was the first time she had gotten out and was having fun in some time. 

She hurried back to the bus as soon as she was out of sight of them. She changed into baggy clothes and climbed into her bunk with her laptop. She shut the curtain letting everyone know not to bother her. She got out her laptop and earphones and watched a movie. After the movie she was tired, so she just turned some show on and drifted off after a couple of episodes.