10. Fish are friends, not food

The great thing about Harry's mothers spell book is that it's magic. That means he can swim in the cool water with his tail swishing and still study. He loves swimming around the sand bottom of the cool water and flipping the pages of something his mother knows inside out.

Everything Harry will ever need is in this book. He can make people forget, turn boys into girls and girls into boys, turn people into animals and animals into people. He can make people ugly or beautiful, he can cast disguises. Of course for some of these he needs to make a potion and he's not quite sure where he's find some of the ingredients on land. One potion that catches his eye is the poison.

He reads it over time and time again. It takes three days to kill someone, but makes them ill until that time. There's also an antidote, but Harry skips that part. He could easily just kill Brooke with this potion and then return to his mother and set her free. He could kill this whole kingdom with this potion. Well almost the whole kingdom, he thinks he'll let Michelle and Louis live.

He jumps as the sound of a rock hitting the water catches his attention. He looks up and watches as a stone sinks to the bottom. He furrows his brow and looks up only to watch as a whole pile of stones gets thrown into the pool. He swims to the edge to avoid being sit and then surges to the top. He sees the girl with the dark blue eyes sitting on the edge with a smirk on her face.

"Is throwing rocks like tapping the glass? Gets you all confused and aggressive," she laughs and Harry rolls his eyes. He doesn't like this girl... Well he really doesn't like anyone. "Next time I'll bring a fishing rod and try to catch you. Bring you home for family dinner," she continues to snicker and Harry just moves his tail and throws water all over her. She gasps and Harry now laughs.

"God, you fish people are the worst," she grumbles. She moves to tie up her wet hair and just looks sadly down at her dress.

"Maybe because you call us fish people, Princess wannabe," Harry spits at her and she grins at the name.

"My names Bria, thank you very much. What were you even doing down there, fish boy?" She asks curiously. Harry just shrugs and moves to swim away from her.

"Nothing. Why do you need to know?" He asks and she makes a point to wring out her dress.

"I don't, but I thought since we're both children of evil we could bond," she suggests and Harry snorts.

"I don't trust you," Harry tells her sharply.

"Of course you don't, but you could start. You need someone that will understand you. These good people don't get us. They think we're only bad and we only live to do bad things. We have reasons for what we do," she says and Harry looks down. His green tail glows in the moonlight and her words echo through his head. It's not like she'll tell the kingdom about him. She can't.

"I'm going to kill Ariels daughter," he admits slowly and the world seems to go deadly silent. Neither of the two make a sound until finally Bria releases a large breath.

"Well that's intense. Why are you doing that?" She asks and Harry looks over at her with a blank face.

"For my mother. I want her free," Harry explains like it's obvious.

"I hate to break this to you, but no one here is free. We're all stuck in these roles of hero and villain. You killing her will only make them think it's better your mother is locked up."

Harry thinks about her words and she's right. If he just kills Brooke they won't get free his mother. He can't just kill her, but he can do something else.

"Okay so we don't kill her. We poison her. We poison them all. All the children can take this poison and then we give the royalty an ultimatum; free our parents for an antidote or let your children die," Harry is grinning wide and the girl looks at him with shocked eyes.

"How do we poison them? Our parents are the ones with powers and spells," she points out and Harry shakes his head and lifts up his book.

"My mother gave me her spell book," Harry says and Bria smiles wickedly and tilts her head.

"We can take over. My mother can be queen and I can be a princess," she muses and Harry nods his head.

"And Atlantis will be torn to shreds by my mother for everything they've done to her for decades. Everyone will get what they deserve."

•••

Harry fills his bathtub with water and slowly adds in ingredients. He stirs the mix and whispers the spell and smiles when his mothers face shows in the water. He misses her dearly.

"Hi, mother. I miss you," he whispers to her. She smiles up at him and waves her hand.

"Harry, I miss you too. What have you been up to?" She asks. Harry bites his lip and tries to think of where to start.

"Not too much. I've met The Evil Queen's daughter. We have a plan to set you and everyone else free. It'll just take some time..." Harry trails off and he can feel his cheeks turn pink with what he's about to say next. "And I met a boy... He's very uh sweet and nice."

His mother smiles at his blushing face and his lack of words. She hums softly and touches her chin.

"And who is this boy?"

"Louis... Son of Peter Pan," Harry admits slowly and quietly. His mother doesn't seem phased by the fact that Harry likes a good guy.

"Interesting. I didn't expect this," she admits and Harry swallows.

"Me neither, but he makes me feel funny, you know? My stomach feels fuzzy and my heart races and I think about him all the time," Harry gushes and his mother laughs her loud laugh and shakes her head.

"Don't let love get in the way of everything, Harry, but have fun too," she tells him. Harry looks at her with wide eyes and notices how she's starting to fade away.

"Love? I don't love him!" Harry exclaims and his mother shakes her head and her voice sounds distant and her figure is almost gone.

"Not yet you don't," is the last words spoken before she disappears. Harry throws his hands into the water and tries to mix everything again. He whispers the words over and over and nothing happens.

"Mom! You can't just leave so quick! I love you come back," Harry frantically cries. He feels sick as he realizes he has to wait before he can summon her again. He wishes he had just told her about his plans and didn't talk about Louis. He wishes he had asked her how she's doing. He thought he'd have more time.

He pulls out the plug in the bath and watches as everything flows down the drain. He slumps against the cold bath wall and pulls his knees to his chest. He wants to go home and really talk to his mother. He wants to sit down and have hour long talks like they used to where she would help him with everything.

Eventually he stands up and goes to bed, knowing that at least tomorrow will be a new day to start his new plan.