Prologue:

Prologue:

I crept through the corridors, silent as I could. My converse made no noise against the old, scuffed floors. Rain fell heavy on the roof as the lightning illuminated the sky through the old windows. The lockers lined the halls, sitting quietly as they watched me and Casper pass.
It made me itch, how mark free they were; sure, a few scratches here and there. But they deserved better, which is what they were going to receive.

Casper and I had already taken out the two security cameras at the front entrance; and were now making our way through the schools halls, imaginations bubbling.

 Looking around, making sure I was correct about this hall, I took out my spray can. During the days I spent at school, I took in where the cameras were, and where they weren’t. Casper and I had been friends since middle school, but only became best friends since high school. I had always been shut off and unavailable to people, but Casper was one of the first for me. Friends wise, that other stuff is crap. We had only just started the art a month or two ago, and the school was in uproar about it. We hadn’t been caught yet, and had no intentions of getting caught.
The school called it ‘graffiti’, but to us; it was art.

I removed the cap and shook the can. An image became visual in my head, and I pressed down as it became real.
The green vines linked together, dark flowers and buds sprouting out. Leaves and orange butterflies danced vividly on the locker’s door, and after five cans, I had made my painting. I found it a tiny bit feminine, but I cared not as it was my locker.

Three lockers down was a locker owned by, a nice, quiet girl named Jade. I knew she liked the same sort of thing I had done on my own. So I grabbed out some green and purple and did the image a little different to what I had done to mine.
I had found out, in science that Jade prefers dragonflies over butterflies; and purples over the darker colours.

Once I was done, I stepped back and looked at the paintings. They appeared magical as they danced in the lightning coming through the window.
Looking to my left, I notice that Casper has sprayed everyone’s names on the lockers. Even though we were nearly social rejects, we knew the whole school.
I smiled at him. He was so much faster and more talented than me.

Suddenly, I heard a small thud; and felt the presence of something supernatural; something strong and different.
My smile faltered, turning into a grimace. I beckoned in panic, telling him that something was wrong. We ran as quietly as possible, down the halls towards the classrooms; trying each door as we went. But none would open.
Finally, we found a door that we could enter. The room was dark, and I nearly stumbled over a box. Quickly flashing on my torch, I realized that we were in the storage room. I turned it off and shut the door quietly, as we hid in amongst the boxes.
But the thing was getting stronger, and I was feeling sicker by the minute.
Soon, I heard footsteps; then voices…Then a conversation. I stared at Casper in fear.

“I don’t know why you came here. You could have done so much better than this high school,” said a voice, which sounded much like the principals.

A man chuckled. “Well, you know how it goes; a change of scenery, a different point of view.”

The men were walking in the direction of the hall we had just painted. Their steps got louder as they walked past the door. They were still talking and then it went quiet.

“Shit! Not again! Those mongrels! And it’s still wet.” The principal said.

“Means they could still be around,” suggested the other man.

As if a reflex, Casper and I slid on our hoods. The steps got louder as the men walked back again.

“The only places they could be hiding would be in the canteen, storage rooms or the janitor’s closet. The classrooms are all locked when the teachers leave.” He said to the unknown man. “There’s a janitor closet down the west hall and a storage room…right…there,” the principal finalized.

We got in front of the boxes, crouched and ready to sprint. “Heidi.” Casper hissed at me.

The steps stopped, and the door burst open. We sprang into animation, taking down the hall like there was no freaking tomorrow. The principal and his acquaintance yelled and chased after us, but they couldn’t catch up. I didn’t look back once.

We rioted through the doors and took off down the street, not giving a second glance to our long gone pursuers.

So a new story! HOPEFULLY here to stay, I have a good feeling though! ;]

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!