Chapter 4 - Detention, Detention, Detention.

I couldn't wait for 1 comment and 1 vote, so I wrote. < Poet and didn't know it. ENJOY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 - Detention, detention, detention:

I had spent the night at Casper’s house and was now skating back home. It was much too early to be moving, let alone awake. But I knew that if I came home early, I could very possibly miss seeing Pete or Lindsey.

I had left half an hour ago and it was probably 6:45 or something.

A yawn escaped my lips as I rubbed my eyes. Cars drove by and the sun was shinning in my eyes. It was considerably cold, so I eventually started to shiver. Winter was nearing and the town was feeling the effects of it.

People were wearing light coats and holding steaming cups of what was – no doubt – coffee.

Soon, the cars became fewer and I was surrounded by the tall pine trees of which belonged to the woodlands around the area.

My house was just outside of the town, an old one story, weather board which had seen better days but was still very much full of life and character. It was cream and the paint was chipping and ivy crawling up the sides of the house and veranda. Three steps of which it took to make it to the veranda were old and rotting, and knowing Pete, he’d fall through the wood one day and blame me. So I would soon have to replace them other wise my head would be rolling.

Even though it was a one story house, it still had an attic room which rose subtlety above the rest of the house in a small room. I liked it though.

The house came into view, but so did Pete. He was sitting out the front of the house on the steps holding a bong.

I stopped in my tracks, and ran to take shelter in the pines shadows. There was a semi-circle type of shape, which had been chopped out in place for the house. I jogged around the back of the house through the cover of the trees and snuck up to the far side of the small house where my room was.

I had nailed lattice all the way up to my window in cases of these – trying to be ninja.

So I began climbing, my board stuck under the back of my shirt, my feet carefully avoiding the ivy climbing along with me.

I shoved my window up and rolled in like a boss, of course. I changed into a slightly fitted, black t-shirt and ripped jeans with two of my studded belts with a chain hanging down. Was I a skater girl? Perhaps.

While brushing my hair, a book fell from the shelf and made an exceedingly loud noise. My body froze as I heard footsteps, and then relaxed a little as I heard them fade.

I went to pick up my board, but the sound of the door slamming open stopped me in my tracks.

My head shot up as I stared into Lindsey’s hate, filled eyes. I could almost feel the fury and hate radiating off of her, pickling my skin like needles. “What’d you do, mutt?” She slurred, almost yelling.

I wanted to throw a come back at her like ‘what didn’t I do?’ but I held the urge in and shrugged nonchalantly. “I don’t know.” I answered innocently.

“Bitch, don’t lie. Some man called me from your school saying you have detention. What is that about!?” She scowled.

I heard the stairs squeak as Pete appeared behind Lindsey, rubbing his head, facing the floor and muttering something incoherent. He looked up, obviously stoned. ‘What’s going on?”