Chapter 30 - The Prom [Part 1]:

Sorry it's been so long, but I have a few other stories on the go...Maybe if you COMMENTED it would INSPIRE me to WRITE MORE? Or not... Maybe you could check out my OTHER STORIES? I don't know... -_________-
Tell me what you think, please?
-------------------------------------------

Chapter 30 - The Prom:

Heidi's P.O.V:

I flopped down on the bed, Lucas following suit. Who knew graduation was that damned boring? We said our speeches, we were given our slips, handed our hats and that was it. Followed by scrutinizing parents, annoying cliche groups and teachers talking about the students.
It would be bad with Casper, but without him - it was absolute hell. Thankfully, I still had Lucas.

"That was absolutely horrible," I groaned, rolling on my side to face Lucas.

He smiled. "Wasn't that bad. I really liked your speech."

I chuckled. My speech had been about how people should respect others after they leave school, how they should try their hardest to live high and how badly they sucked in their high school years. Hence, the teachers gave me disappointed looks and all the parents glared at me with disapproval.

"No one else did," I laughed.

Lucas grinned. "No one else had to like it."

I rolled my eyes, staring up at the ceiling as I tugged off my jeans and shirt before rolling onto my back. I felt so tired, but too much so to fall asleep. Lucas's eyes roamed over my body, casually looking at my bite mark.

He supported his weight on one elbow and started softly tracing the tattoo with his fingers. My eye lids became heavy and soon I was drifting off to sleep.

~ * * * ~

"What do you mean your string broke!?" Andy yelled.

Sighing, I dead panned him. "I mean it broke. And we need someone to play the drums."

"Shit," Caleb started pacing. "There is no way that we can do this gig. No drums and you can't afford a new string?"

I bit my lip. "I'll go get one, I have enough money." Nodding, I looked at Andy. "We can just get a recording of Caleb's piano and we can get him to do the drums?" I asked, looking at Caleb who sighed before nodding.

Andy laughed. "Heidi," He pointed behind me.

"What? A purple, people eater? I ain't looking," I crossed my arms.

Caleb shook his head. "It's a string for your guitar." I swung around, wide eyes. Lucas stood there with the string hanging off of his finger, a smirk on his face. I'd called my mate a 'purple, people eater'... This is going to be fun. "Care to tell us who this stranger is, Heidi?"

My mouth was hanging open as Lucas shook his head. "A...A friend."

Lucas walked over and handed me the string. "You guys better get cracking, you only have two hours." He looked down at me, before quickly ruffling my hair. "Good luck," He said, then left the room.

I turned, the guys staring at me wide eyed. "Don't," I held my hand up. "Say anything."

~ * * * ~

"Shut up! You can do this!" Caleb shook my shoulders roughly.

We were about to go up on the stage, and I was panicking. These people thought I was a fool. They thought I was a snob. They thought that--- Uh, I was being stupid. These people had never had this effect on me before, so why now? Our senior year was nearly over, and we'd already passed graduation. Why would prom be any different?