Chapter 20 - Dear Lord:

Sorry... had a lot of assignments of the late. This has some more...adult-ish content, so...um...Enjoy! xx
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20 - Dear Lord:

Heidi's P.O.V:

It was midnight, and I was just finishing my shift on the bar as I made my way to the managers office. With my band, we'd played three screamo songs, seeing as it was the theme tonight. Goths of all ages - over eighteen of course, maybe the occasional rebel - had flooded through the doors and began their party. Happy hour had seemed so long, and now I was tired.

"Ah, Heidi. You promised you wouldn't back out so..." She said as she held up a very skimpy, skin tight, short outfit accompanied by lacy under garments. I stopped myself from gagging and looked at the...thing...and back to her.

"You want me, to wear that?" I rose my eyebrow, completely doubting my self confidence. I hadn't even worn a bikini for about five years, yet she wanted me to wear something like...this?
The fact that bruises covered my body didn't help either. I wasn't comfortable with my body, period.

She sighed, looking at me apologetically. "Heidi, I know that you need the money, and I need someone to temporarily fill in for Viviene, who left to go be a prostitute...But that fact is beside the point! Please just do this? For me?" She pleaded, giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

I glared at the 'clothes'. "Fine." I hissed, snatching the uniform and went off to the staff bathroom.
Looking suspiciously at the thing...I waasn't sure if I'd ever wear something like this again. But she was right, I did need the money. Pete earned a lot of money from the drug dealing, but only ever payed the bills. The kitchen was empty, apart from the rare granola bar which I bought.

The bathroom contained two other girls who smiled at me. I could instantly tell that they didn't want this job at all. They were fixing their hair and make-up, which was not my line of expertise.

Locking the cubicle door, I frowned the the pile of fabric which I would soon be wearing. Stripping down, I tugged on the red bar and underwear. The red silk was covered with intricate, black lace and the under-wiring pushed my cleavage up to nearly my chin. Okay, yes, I was overreacting, but seriously!

The clothes were a sleazy, navy police suit with a hat and high heals. It was more like a swimsuit, to put it bluntly. It stuck to me like a new skin and I had trouble with the buttons on the front.

Coming out - nearly tripping and killing myself on the high heals - I walked over to the girls. One was a tall, pretty blond girl with big brown eyes, full lips and a soft glow to her lightly tanned body. The only thing fake about her was the makeup. She seemed nice and smiled at me as she straightened her natural curls.

The other girl was tanned and exotic with dark hair and large green eyes. She was just as well endowed as the other girl - if not more.

They were both wearing the same thing as I was.

"Hey, you're filling in for Viviene?" The blond girl asked, and I nodded. She smiled warmly at me and tapped the other girl.

"Hia, I'm Sekota and this is Bailey." The tanned girl said.

I gave an awkward wave and smiled. "I'm Heidi." Playing with the end of the blue fabric, Bailey walked up to me.

"Have you ever done this before?"

I shook my head. "I'm just a bar tender. But the manager said she needed someone to fill in so I said I would do it. I didn't know it'd be this though."