Chapter 26 - Came looking for you

Chapter 25: Maybe all wasn't lost. Maybe Tom could still fix up his happy family again but for that they needed their little one back again. And Tom would do anything to bring him back.

~~~~~~~~

Tom was totally frustrated with how the events in his life had drastically changed it course. Here, he had been hoping for a perfect family time but instead learnt that his mother had taken his little brother away. At first, he had been very angry at Kelsey for not stop Nathan and then he had been angry at the boys for not being able to protect his brother. But in the end, Tom's anger turned into disappointment in himself when he remembered how his brother had always made him promise to never return him back to his parents, then why did Nathan willingly go with their mother?

The boys had all tried to convince Tom to at least call home and ask for Nathan. Heeding the advice, Tom called home only to learn from his mother that Nathan wasn't there. When his mother didn't heed him at first, Tom used another tactic, "listen, I know that you took Nathan from here, so just tell me where he is. You know if I don't get to know where he is, I'll definitely tear up the town searching for him." Tom promised his mother. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Tom's mother, Lena finally said, "he is with his grandparents." "What?" Tom gasped but before he could ask anything else, Lena had hanged up the phone.

The boys as well as Nareesha and Kelsey had been very worried when Tom gasped out a 'what' on the phone. "Where is he?" Jay asked as soon as Tom hanged up the phone. "What happened? Is he there?" Max asked. "They sent him to our grandparents" Tom sighed. "That's a good thing right? Grandparents are good" Siva asked. "Or maybe not?" Nareesha asked, judging by Tom's expressions. "Grandma used to be the only nice thing in our childhood. Grandpa is just a grumpier version of my own Dad. I just hope old age gave him a heart" Tom said, "I'm gonna go see Nath." "Make sure he is fine" Kelsey simply said, letting Tom squeeze him in a much needed hug for both of them.

Early next morning, Tom set out to go meet his brother. It had been difficult for him to refuse the boys' offer to accompany him but he needed to do this alone. It took quite some time but by the evening he was at his grandparents' house. "Tom, it's so nice to see you" Wanda, Tom's grandmother had said as soon as she saw his grandchild and pulled him in a hug. "Nice to see you too, grandma" Tom said. Wanda smiled as he studied his grandchild's worried features before saying, "I guess you're not here for me. You're here for Nath, right?" "Where's he?" Tom finally asked. "Where he should actually be?" came a voice from behind.

Tom turned back to see his grandfather, Jim Parker, standing there. Age had turned him into that grumpy grandfather but he had still not lost any of those stern features. "What's the first rule when both of you come here to stay?" Jim asked. "Clean the room" Tom automatically replied before rolling his eyes, "you didn't make Nathan start cleaning as soon as he came. He has just been out of the hospital." "That's gotten quite some days now. He's fine and if he doesn't work, he'll never toughen up." Jim simply said. Tom looked like he was about to argue about that when a voice interrupted him again. "Tom, you came" Nathan's trembling voice came through.

Ever since he'd made the decision to leave his brother's house and accompany his mother to be dropped here at his grandparents', Nathan had been having many conflicting thoughts. At first, he felt very sad to have left his brother, the boys and the girls and then he felt proud of himself for making this brave choice to not be a burden over his brother anymore. But finally there had been a little guilt that kept nagging him that Tom might be very angry at him and might not want to see his face ever again. But Tom was actually standing in front of him. He actually came for him.

Tom looked back to the voice and couldn't help but open his arms to let Nathan run in scrambling to bury himself even further in his big brother's arms. "You came" Nathan repeated again. "Yeah buddy. I came looking for you." Tom said, holding his brother close in his arms and just breathing in the fact that he had finally found the boy.

For the time being, he was content to have finally found the boy that he came looking for. For the time now, he forgot about everything else. He had finally found his little brother.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschashxlourapid34NIall_Cupcake_22thegirlsawriterPanwar1205Bonnie12345678DanceIsGreattiny72000Emilyrocks724 and Mel_Amelia!

Thank you to those reading!

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

xx Hailey