Chapter 32 - Throwing yourself in the fire

Chapter 31: That night when Tom got a call from Scooter, he didn't really know what to expect. "Scoot, if this is about the band, I'm not sure I can talk about it right now" Tom sighed. "Tom, I need you to meet me tomorrow at my house, alright? You and the boys. Bring Kelsey and Nareesha too." Scooter said. "Scoot, please, I'm too worried right now. I can't, man" Tom said. "It's important. It's regarding someone important to you" Scooter said. "Is it Nath, Scooter? You know where he is? You saw him?" Tom asked. "Tom, relax. Tomorrow morning at my place, okay?" Scooter said before hanging up.

Whether it was Scooter's reassuring voice or the little voice in his head that said maybe it was regarding Nathan, but Tom couldn't help but cling onto a glimmer of hope.

~~~~~~~~

Morning came very slow for Tom. He'd been unable to sleep throughout the night. There was a feeling that kept telling him that he was about to get some news regarding his younger brother. He was hopeful that morning will bring some good news for him. And when morning finally came, Tom had been absolutely buzzing as he literally dragged everyone out of bed and was quick to get on the road, on way to meet Scooter and finally learn if being hopeful was a good idea or not.

Meanwhile, on the other, Nathan was a little hesitant to come face to face with his brother. He sat in the living room playing with the puppy as he waited for the boys to finally arrive. "Is puppy excited to finally meet his owner's big brother?" Scooter asked Nathan. "Uh huh" Nathan shrugged. Scooter smiled softly knowing there was a smile hidden behind the shrug and more than the puppy, the puppy's owner was excited to finally be able to meet his big brother. Maybe finally, things were going to turn alright.

Scooter had finally coaxed Nathan into having some breakfast and while they were at it, they heard the puppy start barking. "Quiet puppy" Nathan scolded the puppy but the puppy didn't seem to be quietening down. Both Scooter and Nathan followed the puppy out. It seemed like the puppy had seen someone and was barking in a certain direction but when the Scooter went to check, he couldn't see anyone. They returned back to the house and as the puppy started barking again, Scooter also felt that something was wrong. As he looked in the kitchen, he found a note that read 'I'm out of jail, brother. And I'm out to get back at you and that little kid. But first of all a little present from me.'

At first, the note was a little confusing for Scooter since he was sure that his step brother was in prison and he couldn't understand what that present was until he smelt it. The smell of gas leak coming from the kitchen. "Nathan, get out of the house. Quick" Scooter could only shout but it was a little too late as they both ran for the door but the explosion was quick to come. Soon, the house had caught fire. Somewhere in the living room, Scooter had thrown his body over Nathan, protecting the kid from the fire.

It was to that sight that Tom and the boys arrived to. They watched in horror as Scooter's house was in flames. They had quickly called for a fire truck as they tried calling Scooter. Tom had a feeling that something was definitely wrong. And he had a feeling that that something might be his brother. "Tom, where are you going?" Kelsey shouted when she saw Tom walk to the house. "I have a feeling Nathan is inside" Tom said. "You don't know that for sure. What if he isn't?" Jay said. "We can't let Scooter in too" Tom simply said, "Besides I know that Nathan's there. And I'm not going to stand here while he is inside there."

Kelsey could watch in horror as Tom ran through the house that was in flames. The boys shouted at Tom to stop and tried to follow him too but the firefighters had arrived and they weren't allowing the others to follow. They could only hope that nothing bad happens now since Tom had thrown himself in the fire.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschrapid34NIall_Cupcake_22Emilyrocks724stylesncoffeechloelousieaurora and Mel_Amelia!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

xx Hailey