Chapter 43 - The big day

Chapter 42: "Not angry?" Nathan asked. "I was never angry buddy. I was just stupidly jealous" Tom answered. "It's okay. Let's just go home now." Kelsey said. "Happy Thanksgiving Tom" Nathan mumbled. "Happy Thanksgiving loves" Tom smiled, hugging his little family before adding, "let's get home now. The boys are waiting." Tom was eager to go home, celebrate Thanksgiving in its true sense and announce their wedding to the boys. It was time for the big wedding.

~~~~~~~~

A wedding isn't something easy and neither is preparing for the wedding easy. Thankfully the whole band was there for Tom and Kelsey. Max and Siva had taken the responsibility of the arrangements of the wedding while Jay helped taking care of Nathan. Nareesha, on the other hand, had been by Kelsey's side throughout everything. But even as his wedding date grew closer, Tom's thoughts wandered to Nathan every time.

Ever since Nathan came to Tom's house, he'd seen quite a few troubles. The two brothers had faced problems that tore them away from each other but thankfully, they managed to claw their way back to each other every time. Maybe it was because of all this that Tom was always scared for Nathan. Well, he did have a good reason to be nervous because whenever he'd be a little happy, there was some kind of trouble awaiting him around the corner. But the boys assured Tom that nothing wrong would happen this time. It was his wedding. He should just focus on being happy. And maybe that's exactly what the boy needed to do.

Nathan, on the other hand, had been a ball of happiness. He was so happy for his big brother. A big part of this happiness had to be Kelsey trying her best to get Nathan involved in everything. She wanted Nathan to be a major part of the wedding and for that, the boy needed to be included in everything from the destination to the décor. And that had really touched Tom's heart. As the big day grew closer, Tom slowly let go of his fears and hesitation. Seeing everybody happy and especially Nathan happy, was an instant boost to his mood.

The big day didn't take long to arrive. Tom had the boys as his ushers and every friend and acquaintances were part of his big day. As he got ready, the boys casually teased him. "What do I do with this?" Tom sighed as he put up his tie. "Let me do that for you" Max chuckled, grabbing the tie as he helped Tom. "Thanks" Tom breathed out as Max helped him. "Can't send you looking like a monkey buddy. Kelsey might run away" Jay laughed, giving Max a high-five. "Very funny" Tom huffed before panicking, "Where's Nath?" "Relax man! Siva's got him. Nareesha and Siva are dressing him up" Jay informed the boy. "Tom, you've got someone at the door" Max said. Tom turned back, anger already coursing through his veins as he saw his parents at the door.

"We'll leave you be" Jay said as he and Max went out, leaving Jason and Lena with their eldest. "What are you doing here?" Tom spat out. "Kelsey invited us" Lena said. "How dare she?" Tom was in an absolute rage. "Tom, please... Don't be angry at her. She merely informed us and also told us that if we have any bad intentions then we better not come here" Jason said. "You mean you don't have any bad intentions now?" Tom chuckled at his father. "We don't. Trust us Tom! Your father suffered a big loss in his business. And ever since, we've been struggling to even survive" Lena mumbled. "So you just want money huh?" Tom exclaimed. "No, we don't. We're learning to live without doing any harm to anyone. We're learning to be happy in what we have. And for starters, we thought we'd come bless you. But if you want us to leave, I completely understand" Jason whispered, a tear trailing down his face. Tom was about to tell him to leave when he saw Nathan standing at the door. "Let them stay" Nathan whispered, with those big puppy eyes. And Tom had already lost the battle before even fighting it.

Watching Kelsey walk the isle, Tom felt a bit teary eyed. Marrying the one you love after being through much high and lows, is a feeling that just can't be matched. He occasionally glanced at Nathan who was sat with Jason and Lena but he knew he didn't have much to worry about it. Lena was sat holding Nathan's hand in his and for once, Jason seemed to be fussing over the boy, occasionally ruffling his hair. Tom didn't really trust them. Not after everything he and his little brother went through because of them. And a big example of that mistrust was Jay, Siva and Tom being very close to Nathan, ready to snatch the boy from the couple if they were to harm him. "I've got my eye on the little one too" Kelsey whispered to Tom and it was in that instant that Tom was sure of his decision to marry the woman.

The big day had really been a happy occasion for the whole family and the band. Tom had finally married the woman he loved. And along with Kelsey, he finally had a family that he could call his. And this family's most important person was Nathan. Along with Nathan, Max, Jay, Siva and Nareesha was also part of this family. Jason and Lena were there too. Tom wasn't too sure about them but if they were willing to try, then maybe they could take a step a time in fixing their relationship. It would need time though.

But for the time being, Tom was happy to pull Kelsey and Nathan in a hug with Max, Jay, Siva and Nareesha joining in the hug. The big day had brought them much more closer with much more happiness.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschrebecca16432rapid34Emilyrocks724NIall_Cupcake_22CeciliaDryanPanwar1205xoxo_eshanti and Mel_Amelia!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

P.S – This is the last chapter. There'll be an epilogue soon though!

xx Hailey