Chapter 10 - My blood, Your life

Chapter 9 - “I’m sorry but your blood group doesn’t match. I think your eldest son’s might match, if you’d call him and quickly” the doctor said before going back. “We don’t need Tom! We can call and make other arrangements” Lena said. “I just hope Max finds Tom!” Siva said. “I don’t want to lose Nathan” Jay said flopping down on the chair. “Let’s just hope Tom gets here in time” Scooter said wrapping an arm around Jay.

~~~~~~~

*The Wanted’s House*

Tom had walked and walked until he couldn’t and when he couldn’t he caught a cab to home. He was angry. He couldn’t think past the fact that his own little brother chose to talk to Jay and to Max who were strangers for him before, about his self-harm rather to his own brother. He was hurt. How could Nathan do this to him? How could the boys do this to him? Tom couldn’t think for a possible reason as to why Jay and Max didn’t tell him that Nathan self-harms. To hear that from a doctor was really hurting for Tom.

Sitting in his room, Tom let out an echoing scream in the house. He let out his frustration which turned into tears that rolled down his cheeks. He had left his brother by himself dying in a hospital because he was too angry that he wasn’t told about his brother’s self-harm. Clearly, Tom could feel himself being a shit for a big brother. He actually found himself agreeing to what his parents said. He couldn’t protect his brother not only from the man that stabbed him but also from his inner demons that led him to the self-harm.

*The Hospital*

Nathan’s condition was worsening with time. He badly needed blood. While Jason and Lena tried to use their money to buy blood for their son, nothing seemed to be working. Lena could feel herself actually worrying for the safety of her son. She didn’t want to voice it out but right now she desperately prayed for Tom to get back as quickly as possible. Looking over at the boys, she could see how worried Siva and Jay look. Jay was pacing the floor while Siva sat there staring at his phone, waiting for Max to call and tell him that he was bringing Tom back. She looked back to her husband who was on the phone screaming that he would give however much money needed just for some blood.

Lena couldn’t help but think that maybe they were wrong. It wasn’t Tom who was a shitty brother but actually they were bad parents. What kind of parents were they? So helpless! Unable to save their own son but still harping about their wealth!

*The Wanted House*

Max had thought for a while standing in front of the cab with the driver waiting for Max to tell him where he would like to go. He thought well before deciding to check The Wanted House first. It was the most probable place where Max could find Tom. And that’s exactly where he found Tom, sitting on his bed; his head in his hands, the occasional sniffles could still be heard. Max sighed as he sat down next to Tom.

“Go away” Tom mumbled. “Just listen to me first!” Max said. “Why should I listen to you? I don’t matter to you guys, neither to Nath nor to you boys otherwise you wouldn’t have hidden such a thing from me” Tom said. “That’s not true, Tom! I really wanted to tell you but Nath had made Jay promise him not to and then he also asked me that he’ll stop if I didn’t tell you. You would have done exactly the same thing if you were us, right mate? But I agree we should have told you and I’m really sorry for that! But we need you, Tom! Nathan needs you!” Max explained.

Tom shook his head. “No! Nath is better off than me! I couldn’t protect him.” Tom sniffled. “You still can protect him! In fact, you’re the only one who can save him! He needs a blood transfusion. Your parents blood don’t match with him and my best guess is yours match. You have to save him. Prove your parents you’re not a useless brother! You’ve been our perfect big brother, for me, for Seev, for JayBird! You have to show your parents you’re the perfect big brother to Nathan also!” Max said. Tom looked up at Max and Max just pulled him in a hug.

They both pull up just a Max’s phone rang. It was Siva’s call. “Please tell me you found him!” Siva asked, his voice nearly cracking. Max could clear hear Siva holding back tears and he could also hear Jay’s voice asking if Tom was found. “Yeah, we’re coming!” Max replied as Tom nodded to him. Max listened as there was a voice from behind before Siva’s voice came through, “Max, Mrs. Parker wants to talk to Tom” Siva said. Max passed on the phone to Tom. “Tom? Please save Nath! Please come fast! I’m so sorry son! I don’t want to lose my youngest! Please!” Lena begged Tom. “Mom? I’m coming” Tom said as he hung up and got up along with Max.

*The Hospital*

As soon as Tom stepped in the hospital, Siva and Jay had run up to him giving him a tight hug before ushering him to follow the nurse. Tom gave them a nod before walking to the nurse but was stopped by his father, Jason. “We don’t need you!” Jason huffed. “No, we need you, Tom! Nathan needs you! Save him, son!” Lena said. Tom nodded as Lena pulled Jason back letting Tom follow the nurse. “Let him go, Jason!” Lena begged her husband. “You think he can save Nathan?” Jason huffed. “Only he can” Lena said.

Tom had been led inside and after he had given blood to Nathan, he sat next to his brother holding onto Nathan’s hand. “I’m sorry, Nath! I’m really sorry! I’m perhaps the worst brother on earth! But I need you, Nath! I promise I’ll try to be a better brother, please! Just wake up, baby” Tom sobbed holding onto Nathan’s hand. He felt an arm on his shoulder and looked up to Scooter, Max, Siva and Jay who were also in tears. “I just want him to wake up! Please guys tell him to wake up!”

Standing at the door, Lena felt something break in her as she saw Tom’s tears and Nathan not yet waking up. She turned to her husband, “We didn’t do good to the boys, Jason! We failed them!” Lena whispered. Jason raised an eyebrow at her. And behind them, a faint voice was heard, “Tom!”

A/N

So sorry for the wait!

Dedicated to @Nazzayah, @AbegailPandaan, @monkey_lover92, @Mel_Amelia, @Just_Do_ItT, @bonnie1234567, @livilou76, @idellefinney21

Thank you to those reading!

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Suggest what should happen next

xx Hailey