Chapter 23 - A cute proposal

Chapter 22: Nathan had gotten down and walked up to Max and whispered, "I forgive you." "You shouldn't" Max admitted. "But I do" Nathan insisted. "I'll accept your forgiveness one condition. That is if you promise to not self harm again." Max said. Nathan hesitated but he then nodded. Tom smiled. "I forgive you too" Tom said. "Tom..." Max sighed. "Are you crying?" Tom asked. "What do you think?" Max replied. "Oh you're such a big baby. You see that Nathan, Max is a bigger baby than you" Tom chuckled as he wrapped Nathan in a hug again but he also had tears in his eyes as he watched Jay and Siva hug Max.

Kelsey wiped off a lone tear as she smiled. Finally the drama was over and the boys were back to what they were meant for and were best at. The boys were back to being brothers.

~~~~~~~~

Things started to get better for The Wanted boys once they started on their way for recovery. Not on physical recovery but they were also trying to get over the past drama and fix their somewhere strained relationships. Thankfully, the first good thing that happened was that Tom and Nathan had forgiven Max. And the second good thing that happened was that the boys were getting discharged and finally could return home.

One better thing that Tom noticed was that Nathan and Kelsey seemed to have bonded over while he was at the hospital. He knew that Nathan personally didn't have any problems with Kelsey. The little boy was just scared that Kelsey might snatch Tom away from him forever. So, it was good to see Nathan cling to Kelsey like he usually does to Tom. Like when they got discharged, Tom was warned not to lift any heavy things for a while and that included carrying Nathan around. Tom was very disappointed when Chase told him that he wouldn't be able to carry Nathan for a while but when he saw his little brother opt for holding hands with Kelsey, he couldn't have been any happier.

When they reached home, Siva helped Tom sit down on the couch. Groaning, Tom sat down before feeling someone snuggle up in his side. Smiling, he cuddled with Nathan before asking the boy, "How are your cuts?" "Fine" Nathan mumbled. He didn't like it when anybody talked about his self harm. "And how are you feeling?" Max asked Tom. "I'm fine. Speak for yourself. How do you feel now?" Tom asked. "I'm good" Max said. "Feels good to finally have our little family back" Siva sighed. "That's true" Jay added, smiling. Kelsey stood at the door smiling before a phone call interrupted them.

Tom watched Kelsey's expression change as she spoke in the phone. "Any problem?" Tom asked Kelsey. "My parents wants me to return back home now that you're okay." Kelsey said as she thumbed away a tear. "You're not going, are you?" Jay asked Kelsey. "I have to" Kelsey admitted. "Think of Tom, Kelsey. You can't do this to him." Siva said. Kelsey looked visibly torn. "Let her go. I think it is fair enough. You don't have to keep your parents waiting for me" Tom said. Kelsey gave a sad nod as she made her way to the door when suddenly somebody tugged on her wrist. Looking back, she found it to be Nathan. "Wait here" Nathan insisted as he ran upstairs.

Tom and Kelsey watched Nathan hurry upstairs before Tom turned to Kelsey, "hey, I think you should go. I don't know what Nathan is up to but you must be getting later." Kelsey nodded and was about to leave when Nathan returned back, clutching something in his fist. He dragged Tom to Kelsey before turning to Kelsey. "Kelsey, I'm sorry for every bad word I said to you. I don't hate you. I never meant to be rude or mean to you. I thought if you and Tom get married then you'll forget about me and send me back to my parents. I don't want to return ever. But it is not fair that because of me, you two can't get married. So, here you go" Nathan said, opening his fist to show Kelsey the ring that Tom had bought for him, "will you marry my brother?"

Kelsey stood there in shock for a while before she crouched down to Nathan's level. "I always thought that Tom would bring to a big restaurant, kneel down typically and ask me in front of a whole lot of people to marry him." Kelsey said. Hearing Kelsey say this, Nathan's face dropped and Kelsey could see that the boy was getting upset. "But I have to say that this is the best proposal ever. A cute little boy proposing on behalf of his brother. Oh God, this is the cutest thing ever" Kelsey said. Groaning as it put pressure on his ribs, Tom managed to crouch down and extend his hand towards Kelsey. "If you really found it cute then so be it Kels. Would you marry me?" Tom asked. Kelsey nodded. "Yes, I will" Kelsey said. With Nathan's help, Tom managed to make Kelsey wear the ring and got up to pull Kelsey in a kiss.

Smiling as he saw his brother finally happy, Nathan walked off a bit far from them. He knew that Kelsey was the right choice for his brother but somewhere in his mind, the fear that they would forget him was still bothering him. Tom, meanwhile, had let Siva, Max and Jay pull him in a hug before he spotted his little brother standing far from him. He knew his brother was still having that fear but this time, he knew exactly what to do to make his brother get rid of this fear.

"Kelsey, thank you for accepting to marry me but I have a favor to ask you. A very big one and that also for Nathan" Tom said. Kelsey raised an eyebrow at that but she nodded anyways. She'll do anything for Nathan. This time Tom knew what to do so that his family could be complete.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschashxloubrokenheartswritebossempire2468Panwar1205BvBaRmYaNdYslxXnathaholic_twBonnie12345678Mel_Amelia and NIall_Cupcake_22!

Thank you to those reading.

P.S – what do you think is Tom going to do for Nathan?

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment!

xx Hailey