Chapter 18 - Choice of his life

Chapter 18 - Upstairs in his room, Nathan held Whiskers in his arms when he remembered Alexis. Alexis had kept him safe for the night and he told him that he hates him. Quickly grabbing his phone, Nathan sent Alexis a text. I don't hate you. 'You know that right?' ~ Nath. 'Really?' :P ~ Alex. 'ALEX!!! I'm sorry alright!' ~ Nath. 'I know bud and you're already forgiven' :D ~ Alex. 'Thank you' ~ Nath

Smiling, Nathan reflected on the past events. He didn't hate Kelsey but right now he didn't want to think about that. He had just gotten his brother back. And no he wasn't being selfish, or was he?

~~~~~~~~

Standing at the doorway, Tom watched his little brother sleep. Nathan had always been an important part of his life. In those few years that he had been away from his brother, he'd always missed the little one. He had always wanted to take Nathan away from his parents and raise the kid up as it should be. And now that he finally had the boy in his life, he was torn between choosing the love of his life or his baby brother, his kid.

A hand on his shoulder pulled him out of his thoughts and Tom turned back to see Max smiling sadly at him. Tears welling up in his eyes, Tom found himself unable to stop the tears from flowing. "Oh Tom" Max sighed as he pulled Tom in a hug, "It's okay, buddy. Things will work out eventually." "I hope so" Tom sniffled as he pulled away from the hug. "It will" Max promised, "Wake him up. We'll try to get him along with Kelsey." Tom nodded; hoping things will really work out.

Scratching the top of Nathan's head, he got a whine as answer. "Wakey wakey buddy" Tom chuckled and shook his brother awake. Satisfied to see those eyes flutter open, Tom was about to get up from the bed when Nathan tugged on his wrist. "What's wrong?" Tom asked Nathan as he sat back on the bed. "I'm sorry for running away" Nathan mumbled. "It's okay buddy. But next time you run away, I'm going to spank your little bum and make sitting just a memory for you, okay?" Tom warned. Nathan blushed and turned away from his brother. His brother had his ways to make him feel like a little boy in trouble. Chuckling at his little brother, Tom left his brother to wake up.

Walking downstairs, he found Kelsey sitting with the others. Sitting next to her, Tom could only look at her, sighing sadly. Not much later, Nathan made his way downstairs. He frowned as he saw Kelsey sitting next to Tom. Usually, Nathan would go sit anywhere he want but upon seeing Kelsey next to Tom, Nathan surprised all of them by climbing onto Tom's lap. If Tom wasn't surprised by that then he definitely was when Nathan turned to him with his spoon and said, "Feed me?" Tom complied but he already knew that Nathan was just trying to steal him all for himself.

For over the next few days, Nathan clung to Tom. He wouldn't even let Kelsey even approach Tom. Finally, Kelsey hit her breaking point. Her parents had been waiting for Tom and Kelsey to get engaged for long and now that they had decided to postpone the engagement, Kelsey's parents weren't too happy about that. They even suggested that Kelsey should move on to someone more responsible and mature than Kelsey. During the week, Kelsey had tried to give Tom a lot of hints about how her current family situation was going wrong and even though she tried getting along with Nathan, she could see they were getting nowhere.

Kelsey could no longer take it when one day she sat Tom down trusting the boys to keep Nathan occupied. "I'm sorry Tom but I think we should break up." Kelsey said. "What? Are you kidding, Kels?" Tom asked. "No, Tom. My parents want me to get settled now and I can't keep making them wait for you. Look Tom, both you and I know that Nathan might even refuse me. There is no guarantee that Nathan will accept me or how long will it actually take. It's better for you to be single for some time, I guess" Kelsey said. "Kels, no... Please?" Tom begged. "I'm sorry Tom" Kelsey said, ignoring the tears running down her cheeks.

Tom took Kelsey's hands in his and was about to say something when Nathan ran to him, tugging on Nathan's shirt to be picked up. Watching Tom and Kelsey had made Nathan really scared. What if Tom and Kelsey decide to get married? What if Tom melts upon seeing Kelsey's tears and decided to leave Nathan back at their parent's house? No, he couldn't let go of his brother.

"Nathan, just a minute baby" Tom said but Nathan had already started sobbing not letting go of Tom's shirt until Tom picked him up. "Go away!" Nathan shouted at Kelsey. "Nath" Max scolded, trying to get Nathan out of Tom's arms but the boy clung to his brother only. "I don't like you. I don't want you. You said if I say I don't want you, you'll go away. So, I want you to go away" Nathan shouted at Kelsey. Sighing as she wiped her tears, Kelsey turned to Tom, "I love you Tom. I'm sorry we couldn't make our relationship work. Goodbye."

Watching Kelsey go had truly broken Tom. He stood there still holding his brother as he watched the love of his life go. He didn't have to make a choice. The choice was already made for him. Turning to the boy in his arms, Tom stood Nathan down and crouching in front of Nathan, he tried to get a hold on his tears so that he could talk to the boy. "Tom" Nathan mumbled, reaching a hand out to wipe the tears off Tom's face when Tom grabbed Nathan's hands. "Here's the choice, Nath. I'll stay with you forever. I won't send you back home. You'll stay happily ever after while I lost my life. Kelsey is my life. If you're the reason I breathe, she's the reason my heart beats. But I lost that today. All thanks to you buddy. Are you happy now?" Tom asked Nathan. Nathan reached out to Tom again but Tom just walked away, out of the house. Sobbing heavily as he watched his brother go, Nathan suddenly started feeling guilty. He was vaguely aware of Siva, Jay and Max crouching down next to him to get him to stop crying.

Walking outside Tom was trying to keep his sobs in control. Tears blurring his vision, Tom wasn't even looking where he was going when suddenly a car was coming onto him. Tom didn't even have the time to move out of the way when the car hit him with full force.

"Kelsey" Tom mumbled as he lost consciousness.

A/N

Dedicated to Nazzayah, RoxaneLebolesch, nathaholic_tw, Panwar1205, Bonnie12345678, Mel_Amelia, GG_Dexter_Emily and DarkBlooms!

Thank you to those reading.

P.S – What do you think is going to happen next? And is Tom right to be angry at Nathan? Also, what's going to happen to Tom?

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment.

xx Hailey