Chapter 42 - Thanksgiving apologies

Chapter 41: Tom looked up at Siva as he grabbed the box. Inside it was a picture book with title 'Happy Thanksgiving to the best big brother ever.' Yup, Tom got it all wrong!

~~~~~~~~

One of the worst feelings was to be misunderstood but if you asked Tom right now, he'd say the worst feeling was to misunderstand someone and then feel guilty about it. He had loved Kelsey from a long time now, then how could he have misunderstood the woman? And his brother? That's his little brother! How could he have thought that his brother would choose someone else over him? This one misunderstanding could now ruin his family. And all this was just because of Tom's stupid jealousy issue.

Kelsey knew Tom like the back of her hand. She knew all his good habits as well as his bad ones. She knew that Tom doesn't easily get jealous but when he does, it certainly leaves some damage. Kelsey still remembers how Tom had broken the jaw of a guy who was hitting on her in the club. He even got in trouble with the cops on that night. But this jealousy issue did worry Kelsey. Years later, it was that very jealousy issue that flared up again. But what Kelsey couldn't understand was how Tom could be jealous of her relationship with Nathan when Tom had been the one who worked so hard to build a relationship between Kelsey and Nathan.

Kelsey didn't really think of what she'd do after walking out of The Wanted house with Nathan. She badly wanted to just crash at her friend's place and probably cry her heart out but she had Nathan with her so it was most important to take care of the boy. Speaking of the boy himself, he had been quietly sniffling, holding Kelsey's hand a bit unsure and looking like his whole world had just been shaken up. And it was kind of true. The kid knew that his brother was acting a bit off but little did he know that things would get so bad. He'd seen Tom's anger before. And he was kind of worried whether this jealousy issue had just broken their little family.

Seeing no other options, Kelsey decided to give Scooter a call who came to pick them up and brought them to one of his apartments. Kelsey and Nathan declined the offer to stay with Scooter knowing that his family was over. After all, it was Thanksgiving. A Thanksgiving that Nathan and Kelsey worked so much for but turned out to be the cause of Tom's jealousy. All they wanted was to say thank you to Tom for having the role of a father in their little family but instead they got Tom jealous. And for this Thanksgiving, their little family was actually breaking apart.

By lunch time on Thanksgiving, Kelsey found Nathan sat on the couch in tears. She walked up to the boy and sat next to him, wordlessly. "What are we gonna do now?" Nathan asked. "I don't know buddy. I guess, I'd take you home with me." Kelsey said, patting the boy's back. "I miss Tom" Nathan sniffled. "So do I" Kelsey admitted. They were interrupted by a knock at the door and thinking that it was Scooter, Kelsey went to open the door. But standing at the door was Tom. And Kelsey slammed the door in his face. "Please one last chance. Let me explain myself please" Tom pleaded. Kelsey sighed but one look at Nathan who was staring at the closed door, had Kelsey opening the door and actually giving Tom that one last chance.

"You hurt me. You hurt us" Kelsey accused, holding Nathan by her side. "I know. And I'm sorry for that. But please let me explain" Tom pleaded. "Why were you jealous?" Nathan asked, "I was just making a card for you as a surprise." "I'm sorry buddy" Tom said as he got to his knees in front of the boy, "It was really stupid kiddo but I got jealous. I didn't want to share you with Kelsey. I thought you liked Kelsey more." "But you're my brother, I'll always love you more than anyone" Nathan whispered. "I know buddy" Tom said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No you don't" Kelsey snapped, "You don't know that because if you did, you wouldn't have been jealous." "You know me, Kels, I get jealous easily. I just got my brother back and it feels like we have to go through hell every time. So I got scared that I'd lose my brother to you" Tom explained. "Do you not trust me, Tom? Do you feel that I'd take your brother from you?" Kelsey asked. "I'm stupid Kels" Tom mumbled. "You make me feel like we're not family. I want to forgive you but..." Kelsey trailed off. "I have a solution for that. Let's get married Kelsey. There won't be any room for jealousy. We both would have equal rights over Nathan." Tom suggested. Both Kelsey and Nathan looked up at him in surprise.

"You're just saying that because you want us back" Kelsey said. "Not gonna lie. I want you both back. But enough with dragging our engagement. There's no one else I wanna settle down with. Let's just get married now. There'd be no issues of jealousy or whatsoever as we'd be a family" Tom said. "Tom, do you really mean it?" Kelsey asked. Getting one knee in front of Kelsey, Tom pulled Nathan close. "Kels, I wanna marry you as soon as possible. Would you marry me along with Nathan?" Tom asked. Sharing a look with Nathan, Kelsey smiled when Nathan smiled at her. "I do" she mumbled, letting Tom pull her in a hug along with Nathan.

"Not angry?" Nathan asked. "I was never angry buddy. I was just stupidly jealous" Tom answered. "It's okay. Let's just go home now." Kelsey said. "Happy Thanksgiving Tom" Nathan mumbled. "Happy Thanksgiving loves" Tom smiled, hugging his little family before adding, "let's get home now. The boys are waiting." Tom was eager to go home, celebrate Thanksgiving in its true sense and announce their wedding to the boys. It was time for the big wedding.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschG0dsChi1dDiamond-BlingCeciliaDryaninspires_infiresPanwar1205rebecca16432NIall_Cupcake_22Mel_AmeliaMazash123 and Tweetybird2099!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment!

xx Hailey