Chapter 30 - Lost and found

Chapter 29: That night, Nathan packed his back. He sneaked out from his window, wincing when he landed awkwardly on his ankle and limped his way away from that hell of a place. He wasn't sure where to go but he knew one thing, it was a wrong decision to have turned down his brother's offer. He was now paying the consequences.

~~~~~~~~

Nathan hadn't really thought much when he left his grandfather's house. He walked until he couldn't. He slept in the park for the night and started walking again the next morning. His legs were tired but he needed a place to stay. He was still confused as to where to go but that didn't stop him from walking aimlessly. He knew one thing though that he couldn't go to Tom's place. He didn't want to be a burden on his big brother. Hence, the aimless walking continued.

Nathan had been walking for quite some time when he saw a puppy on the middle of the road. The poor puppy looked very scared in midst of those full speed cars coming onto him. Without even thinking much, Nathan ran to the middle of the road to save the puppy. He did reach the puppy but was totally unprepared for a car to come at him in full speed, horn blaring. Puppy still in his arms as stayed crouched down in the middle of the road, Nathan could only close his eyes and brace himself for the contact with the car, instead he heard a screeching sound coming from the car and seconds later, a pair of arms were wrapped around him.

"What the heck are you doing in the middle of a road? Oh God, I could have hit you with my car" Nathan heard a voice say. He looked up to see that the man was Scooter. "Scoot?" Nathan asked before adding, "I had to save the puppy." "Oh Nath. What exactly are you doing here though? I heard that you're staying with your grandparents." Scooter said. "I ran away" Nathan mumbled. Scooter raised an eyebrow at Nathan but instead of asking the boy anymore questions, he offered, "let's get out of here, huh? Let's go to my place." "But puppy?" Nathan asked. "Puppy is coming too" Scooter smiled as he led the boy to his car along with the puppy.

There was a time when Scooter had been apprehensive about Nathan. He believed the boy to be quite a trouble for the boyband The Wanted but when Nathan stepped up for him in his time of trouble, Scooter had a complete change of heart regarding the boy. In fact Scooter considered himself indebted to the boy since he took a knife in the stomach from Scooter's step-brother that was intended to be for Scooter. Ever since that day, Scooter grew fond of Nathan. The kid had saved his life after all.

It had been a quick drive to Scooter's place. Scooter noticed that Nathan hadn't said much after confessing to having ran away from his grandparent's place. "I'll give Tom a call and tell him you're here" Scooter said and was not at all prepared for Nathan shouting 'NO.' "No?" Scooter repeated. "No, you can't tell Tom that I'm here." "You better give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't call Tom then" Scooter said. "I'll be a burden on him" Nathan sniffled. Scooter could only sighed as he prompted the boy to continue talking. And for the next hour or so, Scooter listened to everything that broke Tom and Nathan's family apart.

Scooter knew that he should really give Tom a call but seeing that Nathan didn't want to be a bother to the boy, Scooter decided to give it some time. But what he didn't know was that Tom on the other hand had already gotten the news of his brother being missing from their grandparents' house. The boys had woken up by an angry Tom shouting on the phone. They had rushed to the living room only to hear Tom screaming on the phone, "What do you mean by you can't find Nathan anywhere? Oh my God, what did you do to my kid? He's just a child. Where would he be? What did you do that Nathan had had to run away? God help you if we don't find my baby brother!"

"What happened?" Max asked. "Nathan's missing" Tom gasped out. "He ran away?" Jay asked. Tom nodded as he sat down on the couch, head in his hands. "We'll find him, Tom. Don't worry" Siva said, squeezing Tom's shoulder. What they didn't know was that their little one had already been found by someone who would keep him safe for sure but till when? Tom thought the boy was lost whereas Scooter found the boy but until when can he keep him safe.

A/N

Dedicated to NazzayahRoxaneLeboleschashxlouNIall_Cupcake_22thegirlsawriterPanwar1205Bonnie12345678Mel_AmeliaEmilyrocks724loveMaNanbrooklyn_outworks_it and echloe406!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment/ Prompt me!

xx Hailey