Chapter 2 - Brotherly Bonding in The Winchester Style

*The Wanted house*

“What time’s the flight mate?” Max asked walking through Tom’s room’s door. Tom looked up from his bed where Kelsey was packing an overnight bag for him. “I’m not taking a flight!” Tom said. “What?” both Max and Kelsey exclaimed. “Chill guys! I need some time with my brother and I think a long drive might fix whatever my little’s brother’s brooding about!” Tom replied. “Brotherly bonding in the car! Winchester style? You’re watching too much of Supernatural lately bro!” Max chuckled. Tom laughed as he swung the bag over his shoulder.

Tom walked down the stairs to meet the boys and the girls before going. “See you soon!” Siva said as he gave Tom a hug. “Bring me back a little dude to play with!” Jay said moving to hug Tom. “You make it sound like I’m going for my delivery and bring you little a brother!” Tom chuckled. “Call when you reach?” Max said hugging Tom. “I will mate!” Tom answered. “We’ll sort the place for your brother!” Nareesha promised. “Thanks!” Tom said giving her a hug. “Be safe!” Kelsey said giving Tom a kiss. Tom nodded and waved to the boys and girls getting in the car to drive back to his hometown.

*In the car*

Driving to his hometown, Tom was reminded of the time he spent there.

*Flashback*

Since childhood, Tom’s parents were quite busy people. In fact, Tom was amazed they had time for Nathan, a second child. But considering that Nathan was left on Tom since his birth, answered Tom’s question. Nathan was 9 years younger than Tom, and he was Tom’s reason to live for. He was the one who changed his diapers, who fed him his bottle, who got spit on whenever Nathan fussed over his food and decided to aim it on the floor but instead caught Tom. He was the one who helped Nathan get over his nightmares with a ‘my bed is big enough for two.’ He often rocked the boy to sleep. When Tom got in the band, he often wondered who would do all that for Nathan. Certainly not his parents!

Tom never wanted to join the band. He loved music and did an audition for a band when he was told they had to stay together and leave home, Tom had refused. But at that time, his parents suffered a loss in business and forced him to join the band and send them money. Reluctantly, Tom agreed. He still remembers how much Nathan sobbed when he had to go, how the boy clung to him. When the 9 year old Nathan had cried himself to sleep, Tom’s parents made him leave. He tried to contact Nathan, but the boy was so heartbroken, he didn’t speak to Tom at all.

Tom was 18 at that time and now 3 years later he was going to pick his 12 year old brother. This time he’ll make sure he’ll take the boy to him forever.

*Nathan’s house*

7 hours later, Tom reached his house. He stopped only once for an hour to grab some food and use the washroom.

Nathan was up in his room, packing his bags. He folded his clothes and put them in the suitcase. He grabbed Whiskers, his teddy bear that Tom had given him. He didn’t like it because Tom gave him. Really! Whiskers was just cute! Really! He shoved the teddy bear in his backpack. He stuffed some razors, bandages and ointment in a bag before shoving it under his clothes. He can’t forget the razors otherwise he’ll go mad! He double checked his bag to see if everything was there when he heard… Tom?

“Hello son!” Lena greeted. “Where’s Nath?” Tom asked not wanting to play nice with his mum at all. “Nath! Get down quickly! I have to close and go. It’s late!” Lena shouted. Nathan walked down dragging his bag. Tom moved up and grabbed the bag and led Nathan to the car. “You can close your bloody door now!” Tom hissed at his mum. Nathan flinched at the harsh tone and sat quietly in the passenger seat.