Chapter 8 - Indebted to you

*Max’s room*

Max woke up to a body pressed in his side. Crocking an eye open, he found Nathan cuddling up to him. It was strange that actually the boy could have forgiven him so easily. Max doubted that if situation would have been reverse, he would be so forgiving. That was a big mistake that he had done. Choosing a girl over his family, his brothers and specially with blaming Nathan and all! In fact he owes the boys a big time for forgiving him. Max reached up and gently scratched the top of Nathan’s head. Nathan groaned shifting slightly. Max chuckled softly as he managed to slip out of the bed and replaced the empty spot with a pillow. Chuckling at the sight of Nathan snuggling the pillow, Max entered the bathroom. Nathan was still sleeping when Max came out of shower.

*Kitchen*

It was still early so Max let him be and walked downstairs to the kitchen. He owed the boys a lot and the least he could do for starters was make them breakfast. As soon as the pancakes were ready, the boys scrambled to the kitchen. Siva came first, hiding a newspaper behind his back. “Morning Seev” Max greeted. “Morning mate! You alright?” Siva asked. “Yeah, why? Because I made breakfast” Max chuckled, “or because of Mayra! I’m over it now!” Max said. “Good” Tom said walking in the kitchen. Max smiled turning around to get them breakfast. Tom pointed to Siva’s back. Siva sighed passing the newspaper to Tom as Jay also walked in leaning over to see what was in the newspaper that Siva was hiding. Both Jay and Tom’s eyes widened at the headline and they hurried to hide the newspaper under the table. “What happened?” Max said. “Nothing! Breakfast?” Jay said. “Sure” Max said.

Breakfast was eaten in an unusual silence. The boys were worried Max would get hold of the newspaper. “Nath don’t sit there” Jay shouted. “Whoa mate! Why shouldn’t he sit there?” Max asked. “Because… Because I want him to sit next to me” Jay answered. “Oh come on Jay! There is no place next to you. Let the boy sit where he wants near.” Max said pulling the chair out for Nathan when he noticed the newspaper. “Don’t sit on newspaper though” Max chuckled removing the newspaper from the chair as Nathan sat down. Max was about to put the newspaper away when something caught his eye. The headline, Unlucky in love? Max George of The Wanted suffers another heartbreak this time from girlfriend, Mayra Jones!

“This was what you boys were hiding?” Max asked. “Sorry mate! Didn’t want to hurt you more” Siva said. “It’s okay! She isn’t worth it anyway” Max smiled. “That’s my boy” Tom smiled. Nathan looked up to Max sheepishly and Max ruffled his hair. “Nobody told me how the pancakes are?” Max asked, changing the topic. “Awesome” Jay said. “Nath, liked it?” Max asked. Nathan gave a small nod. He didn’t like eating because it will make him fat and no one will like him ever then but somehow today it felt good to eat because they were all happy today.

*Living room*

After breakfast, Tom managed to drag Max to the couch to talk. “You didn’t have to make breakfast early morning all alone. You were already forgiven!” Tom said knowing well that Max was trying to get over his guilt. “I owe you guys! I owe Nathan at least this!” Max replied. Tom smiled to him. “Anyway, are you fine?” Tom asked. “Yeah, I am. Why are you asking? I mean Seev asked me this morning also” Max said. “I mean after what happened with Mayra” Tom said. “I don’t know. Maybe the headlines are right. I’m unlucky in love!” Max said. “Don’t think like that mate! I’m sure there is someone better than her for you. You just have to wait for the right time” Tom said. “You’re giving me relationship advice?” Max chuckled. “Thomas, the Love Expert” Tom said laughing.